Proof Like ATB quarters.

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by rickmp, Jan 20, 2016.

1. harris498

harris498 Accumulator

I'm not that into these quarters, but I think those examples are very nice and will command a premium.
    What that premium is, I have no idea.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Sorry, Rick, but I think you are way off base.

Chris

rickmp likes this.
  4. cpm9ball

Did you talk to all 5 of them?

Chris

rzage and rickmp like this.
  5. cpm9ball

@rickmp

Unless you are building a set, you might want to sell them before someone finds another 67PL or better to sell to a Registry collector. There are no other Acadia or Volcanoes ATB's graded by NGC. I don't know about PCGS.

Chris

6. cpm9ball

@rickmp

I guess I should have checked the NGC Registry, first. The top Registry Set of ATB's does not have an Acadia at all, but it does have an MS68 Volcanoes.

Chris

7. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

I looked up the Registry Score point values.

MS66 carries a REG score of 37,
    MS66PL carries a REG score of 12

MS67 carries a REG score of 102,
    MS67PL carries a REG score of 24

That's not right.

8. cpm9ball

Are you sure about those scores? I do know that mistakes in the scoring are made from time to time. My suggestion would be to post your findings on "Ask NGC". Dena usually takes care of correcting inaccuracies pertaining to the Registry.

Chris

9. rickmp

Will do it tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.

10. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

Are these the same ones you tried to sell to me when I first started here? :joyful:

11. Endeavor

I'm in that portion, but to be fair there are the registry set wackos who would probably pay to have top pops. I don't know if these are top pop though. Rick only put total population 1... not where it ranks or how many exist above it.

Even if these were top pop though it would be risky for someone to pay top pop premium considering these are recent and there are probably millions sitting in rolls and sets that are equal or better that just haven't been graded yet.

bdunnse likes this.
  12. rickmp

I don't remember ever trying to sell them.

13. Endeavor

That's right... I think they were graded state quarters. If I remember correctly they were clad with flag labels.

14. rickmp

The coins I posted are the only ones in the NGC population report. There are no others.

15. cpm9ball

Not all Registry collectors are wackos. I know a lot of them who don't strive for the Top Pop's. They post their sets because they are proud of their accomplishments.

Apparently you didn't read my other posts.

Chris

16. ddddd

ddddd Member

From looking at recent sales of other quarters graded MS 66 pl and MS 67 pl, I see a wide spectrum from $10 (for common coins) all the way up to $200. Adding the fact that your coins are pop 1, I'd try to list one at $200-$250 with a best offer and see what happens (assuming you are looking to sell). Considering that some coins without the pl designation but just a MAC sticker saying pl sold for $195, I think your examples could sell given the right collector (but it might also just sit there for months). At $50-$75 they may even sell quickly, but you could also be leaving money on the table.

17. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

You asked for opinions. Sorry I gave mine. Move along.

18. rickmp

I should have specified that I didn't want snarky opinions. I'm sorry I sucked you in.

19. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Getting back to the subject of the OP: ATB quarters are less popular than the State quarters, but there are a few people that collect them. The early dates are hard to find in PL, but 2014 and 2015 are extremely common in high grade PL/DMPL. I have a 2013S Great Basin in 67PL in my set, which I paid $45 for. Denver seems to be the most common mint for ATB PLs, followed by S, with P trailing the lot.

The 66PL is not going to be worth a whole lot, but the 67PL can be worth a decent premium. You just have to find the right collector.

20. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

PCGS does not designate PL on the quarters. You should know that.

They will designate PL on the hockey pucks, for some reason.

21. cpm9ball

I haven't submitted to PCGS for more than 8 years. Even then, it was only Morgans.

Chris

Draft saved Draft deleted