Proof Coins with Haze/Cloudiness

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Scalight, May 21, 2016.

1. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

Thanks Doug, I think prolonged contact is the key here. I just put a silver round in a dish of Ammonia to see what happens.:nailbiting:

Kentucky likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Insider

AMEN, and much better said than I could ever respond to @SuperDave, @Treashunt, and @ldhair.

4. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Why does the fact that I choose not to use it have anything to do with any one else's opinion? Where did I say it didn't work?

Like I said, man, most of this is going over your head.

5. Insider

Easy not "rocket science." :arghh::banghead: I asked a question in post to @Kentucky. "Ditto" was for Doug to answer the same question concerning ammonia. The educated person who answered my question understood the meaning of "ditto."

6. Insider

This is not "rocket science" either. If a person is uninformed about proven methods/products to do something and then choses to ignore/or test the proven methods/products for himself for whatever reason - that's perfectly OK - free country, :yack::yack::yack::yack:. YET, when that person, who is especially well regarded, continues to comment on things they know really know nothing about due to their own personal choice, they will have a huge impact on less knowledgeable collectors here.

BTW, Your Post#44 convinced me it was bedtime last night. :facepalm::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::shame:

7. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I never gave an opinion. I have been using MS70 on silver coins from the time it first came out. It works well.

Insider likes this.
  8. Insider

Please share your knowledge/experience :bookworm: w/the other two. :rolleyes:

9. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

You're starting to spiral downhill again insider. Chill out

10. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I'm sure the other two have the knowledge and experience to remove haze from proof silver coins. I'm also sure they understand the topic much better than you.
    You have a ways to go to reach the level of knowledge here.

Insider likes this.
  11. SuperDave

Yeah, I kind of don't get it, ldhair. My choice not to use the stuff has no bearing whatsoever on whether or not it works. :)

Kentucky and Insider like this.
  12. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Are you trying to understand Insider?
    dog42.gif

Kentucky and Insider like this.
  13. Insider

Yep, I'm trying to understand why you won't suggest to SD that he may like to try MS-70 (since you know it works well) before he condemns it.

14. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Here's how this should've gone insider...

Insider:

Hey superdave, you should try ms70 it works well despite its caustic nature.

SuperDave:

You buyin'?

(Or something like that)

Then we talk about something else or stay on op topic. Simple

Insider likes this.
  15. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

BTW...mostly because the compounds which can be formed between these compounds and silver COMPOUNDS are explosive, silver itself doesn't react so readily. Did you know that table salt comes from a poisonous gas and a metal so reactive it can explode in water.

16. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

To be honest with you I quit messing around with chemistry after I had figured out how to make nitroglycerin from scratch when I was 8 years old. I figured since I had that, I didn't need it (chemistry) for anything else :)

Kentucky, Insider and ldhair like this.
  17. Insider

Hey @SuperDave, you should try MS-70. It works EXTREMELY well in many situations despite its caustic nature. :shame:

If you get a bottle, PM me and I'll tell you one way several conservation services (at least three that I know of) use it. ;)

18. SuperDave

Not only "no," but this is the last of your posts I'll see. I've had my fill of you.

Insider likes this.
  19. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

#1) I am NOT your son.

#2) Don't call me that.

#3) If I were, I'd have to hang myself.

#4) Speaking about learning....

Look in the mirror.

Insider likes this.
  20. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

You are a space cadet.

I never referred to the use of any cleaner, just your attitude.

Which could use a cleanup

21. Insider

:yawn: TIME OUT :dead:

Draft saved Draft deleted