Progress on my Project!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by toned_morgan, Jul 11, 2020.

1. toned_morgan

toned_morgan Toning Lover

My project / challenge for myself is to make a toned Morgan dollar date set with a limit of $90 per coin. I have already made two coins officially part of the set, and this is the third coin. This coin is actually one that I actually already had. It qualified for the “criteria” of my challenge, so I decided to make it part of the team. This coin is a PCGS graded MS63 1886 Morgan dollar. This coin’s toning is very beautiful for the price. Neon shades of yellow, red, orange, green, blue, pink, and dark purple explode off the bottom part of the obverse and the top left rim on the reverse. The coin is fairly graded at MS63, but the reverse was very clean and looked almost MS65. This is a real rainbow toned Morgan dollar, and I originally bought it to resell for a nice sum and make some profit. However, I decided that it would qualify to occupy the spot of the 1886 date. The seller’s pictures were frankly terrible, which is why I got such a good deal for it. I copped this nice gem rainbow coin for only $80 while similar coins were going out for upwards of $120. I believe that it is going to be one of the few real rainbow toned Morgan dollars and so for its name, I took advantage of its beautiful rainbow array and hence named it “Over the Rainbow”.

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600-2.jpg

I've run myself into a bit of a brick wall though... I spent all my money on these coins in this set and since I can't resell them, I can't make any more money for the time being. I'll have to go very slow and buy and resell $10 coins... :banghead:

john65999, capthank and NSP like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

You are being safe nothing wrong with that. Good luck

toned_morgan likes this.
  4. capthank

capthank Well-Known Member

Pretty coin

toned_morgan likes this.