Producing 'real' fakes

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by goossen, Sep 21, 2020.

1. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

I have heard that the Chinese can legally counterfeit anything that was minted before 1948. That dates from their revolution. The coins after that are illegal, but they don’t enforce the law.

Jack D. Young likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mike estes

mike estes Well-Known Member

if people were not aware of this then please look carefully. these kind of Fakes are sold as Rare coins. these people are targeting people that are new to coin collecting. please just do a little research on the coin your looking for and/or you can join CT and members here will advise you well
    latest ETSY fake.JPG latest ETSY fake.JPG2.JPG

4. Chris Winkler

Chris Winkler Well-Known Member

You should try to get it graded to see if it passes...

5. john65999

john65999 Well-Known Member

I BOUGHT A 43-S, JUST AS AN ODDITY, CORRECT WEIGHT AND LOOKS LEGIT, NON METTALIC, RIGHT COLOR AND EVERYTHING

6. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

mike estes, posted: "if people were not aware of this then please look carefully. these kind of Fakes are sold as Rare coins. these people are targeting people that are new to coin collecting. please just do a little research on the coin your looking for and/or you can join CT and members here will advise you well
    View attachment 1248800 View attachment 1248801

It is not a fake! It is simply a damaged coin. Unfortunately, the uninformed cannot be protected from the folks who prey on them.

7. DarkRage666

DarkRage666 Ͳìɾҽժղҽʂʂ Ͳąҟҽղ ටѵҽɾ

Stop yelling at meeee :(:(

8. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

I thought this was about add MM's. LOL

1909SVDBfake2016.jpg 1909SVDBfake2016rev.jpg

9. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

That is scary

10. mike estes

hey Insider thanks for catching my mistake. i had fake coins on my mind. you are 100% right in saying "
    It is not a fake! It is simply a damaged coin. Unfortunately, the uninformed cannot be protected from the folks who prey on them.

"

11. mike estes

hey Insider thanks for catching my mistake. your 100% correct. i had Fake coins on my mind. right or wrong i hope my post helps someone and yours as well.

12. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

mike estes, posted: hey Insider thanks for catching my mistake. i had fake coins on my mind.

Just being a nit-picking troll.:troll:

13. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Well we COULD try them in absentia but even if you get a conviction there would be no way to enforce a judgement (unless the counterfeiter decided to visit the US). And they would be free to keep on making and exporting the fakes.

Draft saved Draft deleted