Probus' Hidden Codes

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Sulla80, Jan 15, 2021.

Tags:
  1. barnaba6

barnaba6 Well-Known Member

My second Ticinum EQVITI set:
    7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. barnaba6

My VIRTVS PROBI INVICTI AVG Ticinum coded EQVITI set - SET NO. 3. This set is quite difficult to complete; it took me a few years:)

13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg 18.jpg

4. barnaba6

Completing a Ticinum EQVITI set with the rare and desirable dated consular obverse legends is also very challenging (especially if one wants to get 6 coins with exactly the same wording of the consular obverse legend; there are numerous variants out there with CONS III, CONS IIII and CONS V).

Below is my almost complete dated Ticinum EQVITI series (I still need to get the PAX AVGVSTI) - set no. 4:

20.jpg 21.jpg 22.jpg 23.jpg 24.jpg

5. barnaba6

I have not yet completed the Ticinum AEQVIT series (Ticinum 7th issue according to K. Pink classification). This series is extremely rare and very difficult to complete. Below are my 3 coins from this issue:

30.jpg 31.jpg 32.jpg

6. barnaba6

And finally my Roman AEQVITI series. This series is not that difficult to complete if one is determined however it is a little bit scarcer than the first two Ticinum sets which I showed above. The last two letters struck by officanae 6 and 7 respectively have two reverse variants.

40.jpg 41.jpg 42.jpg 44.jpg 45.jpg 46.jpg 47.jpg 48.jpg 49.jpg

7. Sulla80

Sulla80 Well-Known Member

WOW, @barnaba6, this is quite a set of sets! fun to see them all and all with such nice coins. Here's my latest addition of E*, which holds up well even under high magnification:
    Probus Concordia E.jpg

8. barnaba6

Very nice indeed.

Below are my two sets from the 10th issue with star in field (the set with military bust with spear and shield is not complete - I still lack the Concord Abg coin somehow):

50.jpg 51.jpg 52.jpg 53.jpg 54.jpg 55.jpg

9. barnaba6

And that's pretty much all as regards my EQVITI / AEQVITI / AEQVIT Probus series. 61.jpg 62.jpg 63.jpg 64.jpg 65.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted