Problems with USPS tracking Numbers???

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by smullen, Jan 18, 2007.

1. smullen

smullen Coin Hoarder

When I looked at the mint's site at the status of my My Commems that I ordered on the 10th

it said:

Your item arrived at a shipping partner facility at 6:05 AM on January 16, 2007 in HEBRON, KY 41048. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Its said that since the 16th....

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. NPCoin

NPCoin Resident Imbecile

You have either a case of mail theft (either by the carrier himself or from the buyer's mailbox) or a case of mail fraud (in which the package was indeed delivered and the buyer is attempting to make a claim against you that he never received the item) or of buyer senility (in which the buyer received the package, in a rush of joy, ripped it apart to get his treasure inside, and promptly dumped the packaging into the round file cabinet called "trash").

In either case, whenever something like this happens, do not contact your Post Master, as there may need to be internal investigation of his subordinates. There are law enforcement that we as taxpayers already pay for called the Postal Inspectors. Contact them and file a case with them. let them investigate the situation. I find that contacting the buyer and letting them know that a Postal Inspection case has been filed and kindly ask them to cooperate with the investigator if contacted always results in a sudden "Oh, the package just came this afternoon" or "My wife placed it on my office desk and I haven't been in there all week" kind of thing. This happened to me five times last year alone, three times that ended in a PayPal dispute within three business days of sending out the package.

In any case, have the proper authorities investigate the issue rather than leave yourself open to unnecessary loss and defamation. You can find them online and file a mail theft claim (mail not received) at U.S. Postal Inspectors.

4. vision

vision Senior Member

i've ordered the Silver SF Commemorative coin from the U.S. Mint website in the middle of december or last year and still have not recieved it. i've checked the usps website and it says that the package has been delivered on dec. 29th of last year, but i've never recieved it. this wouldn't be the U.S. Mint's fault as according to the usps website it was already shipped and delivered... so i called usps up about it and after about 15 hours of figuring out how to get to a live talking person through their automated message maze, let me tell you, i've had the WORST phone "service" experience EVER. i mean, the person behind the phone was NOT friendly at all. i would go on to say that she was TRYING to get herself fired. at that point, i was more angry at how the hell those kind of people still have their jobs than worrying about what happened to my coin.

Draft saved Draft deleted