Problem with Agora Auctions

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Ajax, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

I won two lots from Agora in auction 63, a Vespasian denarius and a lot of 11 coins. I have gotten no shipping information from them whatsoever. Normally they take about a week to ship the coins out to me but I figured it being Christmas and all they might've been a bit preoccupied, no big deal. So about two weeks after the auction ended I emailed them and no response. I waited another week, sent another email and still nothing. I started to get a little annoyed.
    I heard from another member here that they might be having problems processing payments and not receiving emails and he told me to give Alfredo a call. So I did and he tells me that yes they should've been shipped out a month ago. He wasn't at his office so he said give him a call back in half an hour or email him the info. I tried both and no answer to either. Since then Alfredo hasn't taken any of my calls since I first spoke to him. I decided to call Matt and he confirmed they haven't gotten any emails from me and that he would talk with Alfredo about it. Now that's been a week and I really don't know what to do.
    I don't know what the problem is, when I look at my purchase history every other invoice says shipped this one just says paid. I even bought a coin in their last auction hoping that they'd see that they forgot to ship my other ones but nope that arrived last week no problems at all.
    I've never had a problem with Agora before but this is just ridiculous. What do?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. stldanceartist

stldanceartist Minister of Silly Walks

One might inquire as to whether you paid for the items with a credit card, upon which a payment could be rescinded due to non-delivery of your items.

Ajax likes this.
  4. DeLaFe

DeLaFe Active Member

Ugh. Wrote a reply and it didn't post because it automatically logged me out.

Send me an email: alfred@agoraauctions.com

We had been prepping our new office and moving, plus getting our sales together and up. If you email me the invoice number and what is going on I will look into it when I get to the office Monday morning.

5. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

It was with visa-debit I believe but I'd rather have the coins than the money you know what I mean.
    Thanks Alfredo, email has been sent. Can you confirm if you received it?

Paul M. likes this.
  6. stldanceartist

stldanceartist Minister of Silly Walks

I totally get what you mean, been there quite a few times..so of course you learn tricks to semi-protect yourself. Hope everything works out for you!

Curtisimo and Ajax like this.
  7. DeLaFe

DeLaFe Active Member

I just got it, thanks.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

8. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

I've had coins shipped from Agora about half a dozen times. Only once was there what I would consider an unreasonable delay, but when I brought it to @DeLaFe 's attention the situation was remedied quickly.

I know it's frustrating to have a coin delayed like that, but Agora is reliable and I know they will fix it. Sadly no one is perfect, and when you are dealing with lots of clients, once in a rare while something is bound to go out of whack. I'm sure it's going to be fixed and they'll make it right for you.

9. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

I was actually going to post this in your old thread but decided this would get more exposure. As I said I've never had a problem with Agora before and they're probably my favourite auction site. It just sucks hearing nothing for almost two months. Oh well hopefully all gets resolved and I'll continue using them happily. Cheers bruh.

Curtisimo likes this.
  10. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Still haven't heard anything...

Curtisimo and Roman Collector like this.
  11. Roman Collector

Roman Collector Well-Known Member

That's a shame. It sounded like Alfredo was going to make things right.

Curtisimo and Ajax like this.
  12. DeLaFe

DeLaFe Active Member

Hey Everyone:

(Copying this from another reply I just made)

Thanks for all of the comments good and bad (concerning Agora). We really do try out best to meet or exceed expectations.

I wanted to address one point- shipping. Normally we ship with two days of receipt of payment. I would like to apologize for recent delays. A little over two months ago while at the new Chicago show I suffered a very serious injury where I tore my achilles tendon in one foot and for good measure turned out I tore another tendon in my other foot. Recovery has been VERY slow and my mobility is very limited.

This has also delayed getting sales up because standing to take photos and traveling to the office where the safe is have been difficult.

We have hired someone to help me while I recover and he should be starting next week.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Alegandron and Volodya like this.
  13. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

I should point out that I did recieve the coins I was talking about in the OP post a few days ago.
    Hopefully you're recovery goes smoothly Alfred.

DeLaFe likes this.
  14. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

I, too, am copying this from a prior post, but I stand by the experience that I have had: "I would like to add Alfred has given me exceptional Customer Care in my recent transactions. Great communications despite the awful accident! A speedy and complete recovery to you! And I look forward to some fun business in the future!"

DeLaFe likes this.
  15. Parthicus

Parthicus Well-Known Member

I also had a bit of a delay in receiving my Artabanos II facing bust tetradrachm from Agora 66, but I did get a phone call from Alfredo (which went to my voice mail) apologizing for the delay in shipping and explaining the situation. The coin arrived safely, even though it was slightly late. So it seems clear (to me) that Alfredo is working hard to make the situation right, and I have no reservations about bidding in future Agora auctions. Good luck with the recovery, Alfredo.

DeLaFe and Alegandron like this.
  16. ancientcoinguru

ancientcoinguru Well-Known Member

Well said @Parthicus! Wishing you a speedy recovery Alfred.

DeLaFe likes this.
  17. Smojo

Smojo dreamliner

Hey@ Ajax hang in there. I just got email about shipping last night. You know the 2 I won.

Ajax likes this.
  18. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Haha this was from February all has been resolved. My coins from last auction also shipped yesterday.

19. Smojo

Smojo dreamliner

Wow, I'd probably started gripeing the end of March.
    Surely they'll make it right with you.

20. GAZFOUNTAIN

GAZFOUNTAIN New Member

I have won on the Agora auctions 76 lot 091 - didrachme of Rhodes.
    As per invoice issued on Agora website I have paid all requested amount using my credit card.
    After that I have sent e-mail to Agora ( using contact form function on the website) already two times in order to get any information regarding tracking number for shipment or even any confirmation,that Agora safely received my money and coin has been shipped to me....But,unfortunately - no any reply I have received so far.
    Also, I have sent e-mail to alfred@agoraauctions.com , but-again no reply.
    Ok,it would be better probably to make phonecall,but I have difference in time and it could be also communication problem(I'm not from USA).
    Anybody know how to contact Agora personnel - may be they changed their e-mail adress or there is another way to contact them.....

Draft saved Draft deleted