Pride of Two Nations Set

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by MrCheeks, Jun 21, 2019.

1. MrCheeks

MrCheeks Active Member

So I came across the Pride of Two Nations Set that's going to be released to in early July. I think it's pretty cool and am planning to get one or two when they are released. I did notice that the 110,000 mintage limit seems a little higher than I would've liked to see, but it will be one of the lowest mintage eagles that they've ever released. I also came across the set that's being collaborated with the Royal Australian Mint and the Apollo 11 silver coin. That only has a limit of 10,000. I'm not really up on the RAM and was wondering what people's thoughts would be on the two sets and which would be a better buy. I think they're both pretty interesting and both around the same price point.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

Is the eagle special in some way, and not available any other way?

4. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

This is what makes it special "the set will include an enhanced reverse proof 2019-W American Silver Eagle and a modified proof 2019 Canadian Silver Maple Leaf".
    Sorry to say I'm not interested in the Maple Leaf only the ASE.
    Specification for 2019 Pride of Two Nations Silver Coins

American Silver Eagle
    Face Value:
    $1 USD
    Finish: Enhanced Reverse Proof Modified Proof
    Composition: 99.9% Silver 99.99% Pure Silver
    Weight: 1.000 troy oz. (31.103 grams)
    Diameter: 1.598 inches (40.60 mm)
    Edge: Reeded
    Mint and Mint Mark: West Point – W

Autoturf likes this.
  5. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

Wow that sounds good. But Meow is broke and on half rations right now so should put it out of Meow's mind. The last time Meow read a post like this, Meow went out and bought a American Legion dollar and medal set.

MrCheeks likes this.
  6. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

There’s pictures on the mints website of the coins.

7. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

If you think it will go up in value, save your money.

Garlicus and dwhiz like this.
  8. MrCheeks

MrCheeks Active Member

I'm not so sure they will go up in value, maybe my son will see something out of it. I do think it's a cool set and looks good. The Maple Leaf even looks nice in my opinion. If we're talking things going up in value, I'm blown away by these Lowell quarters with the W mint mark. I can't believe people are paying over $200 for them.

9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

The cost will be high so I'm avoiding it.

10. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

The W quarters is all hype right now. In a couple of years they'll be $5 coins. Look at the Kennedy gold "coins" and the Baseball commems.

11. MrCheeks

MrCheeks Active Member

No, I completely agree, I think it's insane what people are paying for them. I see them going ungraded for $30-$40 and I can't imagine them going up like crazy ever. People will forget about them in 20 years and they wont be worth what people paid to have them graded.

12. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  13. Mikey S

Mikey S Member

Does this mean it’s an early sellout in The Great White North or will they become available at the same time as the US Mint release?

upload_2019-6-28_8-58-24.jpeg

14. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I don't see anything there that indicates it is sold out.

15. Mikey S

Mikey S Member

Yes - but there is no option to purchase or a notation as to when they will be available for sale. Maybe they just do things different up there.

16. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It's not on sale until July 3rd. 100,000 sets in the US and an additional 10,000 set in Canada.

17. Mikey S

Mikey S Member

18. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

The Silver Eagle in this set is of particular interest to me.

My favorite US coin of all time is the Enhanced Uncirculated Silver American Eagle. They only made it one year, 2013, and the way that they use the frost/mirror contrast really made the US flag *pop*. For some it was the first time that they realized that Liberty was actually draped in the flag. It made it that obvious.

Anyways... This Enhanced Reverse Proof is going to use that same type of technique on the flag, except this time with a reverse proof instead of an enhanced uncirculated finish.

I am not generally big on the latest Mint offerings. They (mostly) all go down in value over time, so you need to buy them because you like them, not as an investment. That said, I own two of the Enhanced Uncirculated Eagles and I will likely want a couple of these as well.

19. MrCheeks

MrCheeks Active Member

Garlicus likes this.
  20. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

Thank you for the clarification. I was just going by what I saw on The US Mint sight, but now see the Canadian Mint info (above), as well. Still, close enough to the 2012 number.....as long as they don't offer it in another package or by itself.

Still, wondering about the mintage, as I/we sometimes get confused when they say "mintage limit", and this is what is on the US Mint site:
    Item Number: 19XB
    Mintage Limit: 100,000
    Product Limit: 100,000
    Household Order Limit: 5

Anyways, now I'm thinking I might be in for 2 sets, as that is the number of (currently) young'uns I plan to leave my collection.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  21. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Didn't I start a bloody thread about this? Didn't we conclude that we were being skrewed?

Carry on..........

dwhiz likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted