Pride of Two Nations Limited Edition Two-Coin Set

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Rassi, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

Any interest in this one? Certainly seems to be a high premium over the contents...

Source says it will contain a proof Silver Eagle and a proof Maple Leaf with a unique privy mark.

Production limited to 250k sets.

The set will go on sale at the beginning of the World’s Fair of Money via Internet and telephone ordering only. At least they won't have the in-person disaster like they did at some previous releases...

http://coinsblog.ws/2019/06/weekly-world-numismatic-news-for-june-2-2019.html

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

Much too expensive for me.

Bambam8778 likes this.
  4. TurboSnail

TurboSnail New Member

I would pay for it if this silver eagle came with MintShield.;)

5. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Likely to pass.

6. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

Too pricy and possibly too over produced. There a few new products that have mintages in the 1,000s and very low 10,000s that are worth only a bit over issue price. So 250,000 is too many to hold a value, unless it does not sell well at all. And the unsold one are melted down.

7. Sullysullinburg

Sullysullinburg Well-Known Member

Maybe after market.

8. Robert91791

Robert91791 Well-Known Member

Only a fool will fall for this scam.

9. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

It would be interesting to see if the 2 coins are packaged together if the typical hazing and other issues with Maples befall the silver Eagle more than when sold individually...

10. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I can do without it. The production limit you stated, 250k is just 14,000 less than the entire production of a 1916-D Mercury Dime. I'll be long gone before it's worth anything.

11. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I 'bit' on the Legacy's of Freedom set back in 2003 (?). I thought the Britannia was really cool at the time. I forget what I paid for the set but it wasn't the overpriced, hosing, 'hold me up', stick a gun in my ribs price that they're asking for this set.

Rassi likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted