Price trends

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by stevereecy, Oct 30, 2020.

1. stevereecy

stevereecy Collects Everything

I was reading elsewhere that large sized current has been “hot” lately.

In another forum, I read that fancy serial numbers are out of favor.

What have you noticed?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Not sure where you read that, and as for fancy serial numbers being out of favor, I don't think so. Those that collect "fancy" serial numbers are steadfast and will continue to seek out and buy them. Its a personal preference in my opinion.

Legomaster1 and Inspector43 like this.
  4. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

For me, it’s the age-old numismatic saying, “If it’s something I’ve already bought, the prices are going down, and if it’s something I need or want, the prices are going up.”

5. stevereecy

stevereecy Collects Everything

Ok, so nothing is trending except for what Steve is buying?

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I haven't noticed any changes.

stevereecy likes this.
  7. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Depending on what you collect, and how many people collect it, drives up value as
    more people are interested on that particular item and getting the best examples
    so when there only a few examples are available of one thing with allot of people
    are interested drive up the price but the reverse tends to bring down prices.

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  8. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

Need the time frame...the report may have quoted 1 or 2 dealers focusing on the last 2 weeks or 2 months, after a price trend that was completely opposite the last 10 months.

9. GoldFinger1969

Large-size WAS hot at the time, and it got hotter. I attach a screenshot of the Greensheet which I think I attached somewhere here at CT in another thread. It's from a few months after the OP.

Nothing was cool at the time, but because neither coins nor currency got into a bubble, we didn't deflate like sports cards, NFTs, etc.

CDN Greensheet Feb 2021.jpg .

10. GoldFinger1969

MARCH 2020 Pricing Trends Update: Anybody who follows paper money (U.S. currency) have anything to talk about as far as pricing trends for U.S. stuff ?

Large denomination....Gold or Silver Certificates....modern or classic low-SNs....or the Fancy SNs (classic or modern) like Radars, Repeaters, etc....anything noticeable trend-wise in the last few months or even the last year or two ?

Draft saved Draft deleted