WTS: [Price Reduced!] 1783 8 reales, Mexico City, from El Cazador shipwreck - $135 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by red_spork, Jul 6, 2016.

1. red_spork

red_spork Triumvir monetalis

combined.jpg

"El Cazador"(the hunter) set out from Veracruz, Mexico in January of 1784 with a cargo of approximately 450,000 reales in various silver denominations(mostly 8 reales). Its intended destination was New Orleans where its cargo was intended to help jump start the Spanish economy in the area, but the ship disappeared on its journey and its final resting place was a mystery until August of 1993 when a trawler's net snagged on something. When the crew pulled the net on board, it was full of silver coins like the one shown here.

This silver 8 reales is NGC slabbed(Genuine, 3887058-095) and has a whole lot of eye appeal. "PLVS VLTRA" is still partially visible on the ribbons and all the important devices are there. This is easily one of the most impressive coins I've ever held, and you really can't beat the historical context behind it. I'm asking $145 shipped USPS first class with tracking in the US. International shipping, priority, registered mail, etc. can all be done if buyer wants to pay the difference.

Payment by PayPal(F&F or G&S+3%) or Google Wallet. I'd also consider trading for Roman Republican bronze or silver.