Price for roll of Halves' 1st bank of Pueblo

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Pickin and Grinin, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Found this Kennedy roll today,
    It was with a few others, I bundled at a Pawn shop.
    Well anyways the Gall behind the counter dropped the roll on the ground when handing it to me. I believe this to be an original roll. Anyways, I had to tear the roll open when I got it in the truck. Make sure they were all 90%.
    I am thinking about driving the roll to ANACS, and let the Professionals IMG_2915.JPG IMG_2917.JPG IMG_2913.JPG Grade and attribute them, if any.
    Any thoughts?
    I don't even want to look yet.
    Have fun.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

If this image of Kennedy is indicative of what the other coins look like, I wouldn't waste your money having them graded.

Chris

Blissskr likes this.
  4. Pickin and Grinin

@cpm9ball You saying that I should Pull the coin on the open end of the roll? Shoot a pic?
    Should I start a poll?

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I'm saying that the end roll Kennedy isn't worth having graded, and if the rest of the roll looks like it, they wouldn't be worth grading either.

You can always start a poll to see if you should start a poll.

Chris

Brina, Blissskr and Pickin and Grinin like this.
  6. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

I'll guess $150.00 for the roll

7. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

They're not going to grade them in the roll. Take them out and let's see what you got.

Brina likes this.
  8. Pickin and Grinin

You don't think I could walk these into ANACS and have them take responsibility for them scratch 'in them? They have had to have subscriptions like this before? Anyone know the protocol?

9. Smojo

Smojo dreamliner

They wouldn't accept responsibility for scratches, nobody knows the condition of the coins between the ends.

Open them up!!!

10. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

I don't know of anyone who has walked a roll into a TPG.

11. Pickin and Grinin

Ha Ha, I might have to!

12. Pickin and Grinin

I have been wanting to get to Anacs, Not Quite as much as taking a tour of the Denver mint though. One Day!

13. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

$120.00 for the roll

14. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

64' Kennedy's are not exactly rare and were saved in extremely large numbers in gem condition. Imo not worth grading unless they were all MS 66+. But I would open the roll and look for any varieties for the date/mint mark.

eddiespin and Pickin and Grinin like this.
  15. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Come on, tear the cover off that thing! :)

16. Pickin and Grinin

LOL Its at least gonna have to wait, till I get home from work.

eddiespin likes this.
  17. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

If the roll was circulated, but unopened (hah) the inside coins could be in nice condition. I don't see the point of slabbing coins that aren't worth much money. There is a tactile pleasure to coins, that just isn't there when it is in a sterile plastic tomb.
    Of course for a rare/ valuable coin it needs to be protected from any possible damage, and the certification it carries on authenticity and grade.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  18. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

Open it....count the type 1 reverses....only about 1 in 10,000 coins are worth grading, but you might have a winner. You might have Franklins or Walkers mixed in too, or anything else they had in the drawer. By the way...that,s a P mint coin...What,s it doing in an original roll from Colorado?

19. David Setree Rare Coins

David Setree Rare Coins Well-Known Member

You lost quite a bit of money when you opened the roll.

Dealers are paying a premium for unopened original rolls of 1964 Half dollars.

Buys are between $160-180 / roll and I see someone offering 13 rolls for $195/roll.

20. Rheingold

Rheingold Well-Known Member

[QOTE="David Setree Rare Coins, post: 2604473, member: 74719"]You lost quite a bit of money when you opened the roll.

Dealers are paying a premium for unopened original rolls of 1964 Half dollars.

Buys are between $160-180 / roll and I see someone offering 13 rolls for $195/roll.[/QUOTE]

Is this roll still unopened for a dealer with this paper damage?
    Since it's virtually destroyed I would open it immediately.....

21. Pickin and Grinin

@chascat By the way...that,s a P mint coin...What,s it doing in an original roll from Colorado?[/QUOTE]

Good catch.

Draft saved Draft deleted