Price descrepancy within the pcgs app

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by phankins11, Aug 27, 2016.

1. phankins11

phankins11 Well-Known Member

Anyone else ever noticed this...when you go to pcgs price guide app and find the coin and grade you're looking for, you can click on it and that will launch the coin facts app. At the top of that screen you can select Price/Pop and you be taken to the first screenshot below, but when you click on the line you want for more info there seems to be descrpancies in the data from one screen to the next...

IMG_20160827_115856.jpg

IMG_20160827_115828.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I'm seeing #5851 for the top screen, and #5837 (?) for the bottom screen. It looks like you're looking at two different dates. Of course, since they don't show the date on the second screen, it's hard to be sure. I'm betting this is a usability issue...

phankins11, Paul M. and Omegaraptor like this.
  4. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Yeah, #5837 is 1948-D. I've always derived the same sort of amusement from PCGS pricing that I do from sales ads for other merchandise - "Retail sales may not have occurred at this price...."

5. phankins11

I see what you're saying, regardless that bottom screen is what I get when I tap on the line item circled in the first screen shot...the linking must be wrong.

that's actually was I was doing...comparing ebay sold pcgs graded coin to pcgs price guides

6. phankins11

Just looked at more dats...man this thing is all screwed up

7. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Oh, dear. Yeah, that's a thing that happens, too. Have you checked to see if there's an update available for the app?

phankins11 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted