Pretty cool find in pocket change!

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Draconiator, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Draconiator

Draconiator Junior Member

On a whim, I decided to check my change because I had a lot of 1 dollar bills....and I found these two in there! What are the odds? And are these worth anything like this?

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

What do you think is special about these two?

NOS likes this.
  4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

The odds are good. If someone before you received them from a Automatic Teller Machine they are mamy times loaded with sequentially numbered bills. Someone purchased an item paid with the 2 bills then you came and received as change.

Worth? $1.00 each

5. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

You will find that allot of time you will get sequential notes, especially from
    A fast food joint.

Stevearino likes this.
  6. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

I asked for $40 in $2 bills at my bank this week; got twenty brand new sequential bills. Nothing special. I use them for tips and confusing checkers :troll: .

Steve

7. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

I go to my credit union from time to time and get uncirculated straped bills that I throw in storage. Of course, they're all sequential. They smell nice too.

You'll see on ebay ppl selling sets of 5, 10, 50 or 100 sequential bills trying to make money on it. Just go inside an ask a teller for a straped uncirc 100qty bills sometime.

8. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Just got a pack of 100 uncirculated 2013 $2’s on Tuesday.

Clawcoins likes this.
  9. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

I don't know if Credit Unions are different than banks. My wife taught most of the tellers, so I thought I might be able to get some uncirculated $20 bills. I was told that they get their bills through "somebody-somebody" (It's been a while.). And that they don't have anything. I have gotten some sequential bills in the past, but if they do, they had been deposited recently. Maybe it's because I live in a small town that the credit union is a branch and they don't get "fresh" bills. I contacted the main branch and was told the same thing. I tried to get new bills at a bank in town and they asked me if I had an account. When I told them "no", they said they only service those with an account. When I was a missionary for our church in Uruguay, I went to a bank that a member of our church works to cash a US check. I was given 10, 10 Peso bills (about 10 cents then), as part of the proceeds. I put them in my journal in 1967 and they are in pristine condition today, except for the top bill which I put tape on it to keep them all together. So now, I have 9 pristine 10 peso bills worth $0.

Stevearino likes this.
  10. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Atleat there pristine, you got that going for you :)

11. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Not all banks are the same and not all credit unions are the same. Some CU act like banks, etc.
    My first CU did allow the tellers to let members have strapped bills. Until they got too large then that stopped. My second CU which is much bigger than the first allows it still to this day BUT only at the "main" branches, which are very few (2 of 20+). for this specific CU, the main branches act like cash distribution to the smaller branches. They have a GIGANTIC walk in safe where there is a person in there all the time. They have stacks of cash, boxes of round things and all that stuff.

So you have to *ask*, then you'll find out.
    I was at my SDB with some examples ....
    20191214_074325~3.jpg
    @SteveInTampa will like the $2s above.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    SteveInTampa likes this.
  12. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

13. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It's the holidays. Banks in general, all have new money. At least in my area but unfortunately not new coins.

14. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Banks have new money at the holidays because many people need it for themselves or others in other countries. Other countries money changers like newest versions and crisp bills. Some places you will be hard pressed to be able to exchange old bills.

Draft saved Draft deleted