President coin

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Jimm, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Jimm

Jimm Active Member

_20191129_035535.JPG _20191129_035535.JPG _20191129_034733.JPG _20191129_034733.JPG _20191129_035513.JPG _20191129_034733.JPG Ok pep. What about this one is this wear on the coin? If so how does it get to be all the way around coin .

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

There are Presidential Coins with known missing edge lettering. It is an error. They were popular in the beginning but so many have been found they are very common now. Nothing major.

4. Fred Weinberg

Fred Weinberg Well-Known Member

Based on the edge photos, I believe
    that coin has had the edge lettering
    removed.

5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

The entire coin looks altered.

6. Jimm

Jimm Active Member

Thanks guys

paddyman98 likes this.
  7. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Of course Fred is likely correct but only the first few issues got a lot of notoriety for missing or partial missing edge lettering. But others have been found later in the series. Have you tried weighing it? I recently found a few in B.U. with an extra "0" on the edge. I'm terrible with photos or I would have posted here. There can always be new varieties to be found, but again, Fred is more likely to be correct than I ever will be.

8. Mike185

Mike185 Well-Known Member

The 4th attached file shows lettering on the rim. looks alter! Like collecting but said.. Pmd and Circulation wear!

Collecting Nut likes this.
  9. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

the CMS again! Coin Mutalation Society .
    -no I didn't spell it wrong, it is a joint mutilation process to mutate a common coin into a valuable one. Jim

Mike185 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted