Prepare to Die From Jealousy

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Gregg, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Gregg

Gregg Monster Toning

I don't know anything about nickels.
    The first question that occurred to me is: Why would anyone fake a 1944 nickel?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Gregg

Gregg Monster Toning

Collecting Peace Dollars is a blood-sport.
    Don't kid yourself.

4. DM1

DM1 Active Member

Reminds me of the 4th...except the cannon I used was a bit smaller - couldn't find any gerbils though.

I did take out a rat the next morning though:dead:

Gregg likes this.
  5. Gregg

Gregg Monster Toning

My dad and I have been competing to see who can pay the least for silver dollars on eBay. I held the record all week at $15.21 per Peace Dollar but he walked into a dealer, told a sob story about how I was beating him, and the dealer sold him 28 Peace Dollars for $15 each.

He's a cheat.

Clawcoins and green18 like this.
  6. JCro57

JCro57 Making Errors Great Again

I used to try and collect certified MS Peace Dollars, but they have done nothing but plunge for most dates for a couple years. I don't collect for the money/investesting per say, but i also do not want to throw money at types that are tanking, and will continue to do so.

7. JCro57

JCro57 Making Errors Great Again

They both are. I own three 1944 Hennings. Below is the writeup which will be appearing in the book I am writing about; it is about my collection of mint errors, a couple varieties, and a couple counterfeits.

0123181738_HDR.jpg Screenshot_2018-01-13-20-53-01.png
    Screenshot_2018-01-22-12-50-55.png
    Screenshot_2018-01-13-20-53-09.png
    Screenshot_2018-01-13-20-53-13.png
    Screenshot_2018-01-13-20-53-17.png

8. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

Gregg likes this.
  9. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

For the record, that thread was not ripped down because CoinWeek complained. Oh, they certainly did - and that was part of the reason I (yes I - and not the other dictators moderators) - took it down.

Now I don't know the truth or untruth of the issue, Kurt - to be candid, I didn't have a dog in that fight, and I didn't really care one way or the other. In fact, I let the thread stand for a little while after letting the CoinWeek people respond. I didn't like the way it was headed, but I was going to let the senior admins decide whether to let the thread stand or not. They probably would have, until it degenerated into politics or inappropriate language. It was headed downhill fast.

But I decided to grow a backbone and I took that one down on my own initiative. In all due respect, whether your claims were true or not, they were unnecessarily confrontational, full of shrill name-calling, and self-righteous posturing. They made you look bad, as well as CoinTalk. If you want to start a war with CoinWeek, please do it via private communication with them.

If you want that thread reinstated, appeal to the senior mods, since it was only the rookie mod who took it down. It still exists - in Purgatory. @GDJMSP and @Peter T Davis had nothing to do with censoring you on this one. But I doubt we'll see that thread in public again. Sorry.

I have the utmost respect for you numismatically, but I do not think that thread was appropriate at all. Had you posted a rational, even-tempered, point-by-point refutation of whatever you disagreed with in their article instead of screaming and name-calling, it would probably still be publicly visible. To me, it was less about what you said than the way you said it, if that makes any sense to you.

This was me exercising a judgment call, as I've had to learn to do in a few other situations already. I'm sorry if you do not agree- in fact I know you won't- but I am firm in my decision. I do hope we can still be friends, if indeed we are.

~RWS/"LM"

So... now who wants to talk about Early American coppers? Peace dollars? Silver rounds? Anybody? Anything else? Please?

10. Gregg

Gregg Monster Toning

CoinWeek publishes TSA lies about Peace Dollars.

11. lordmarcovan

:facepalm::rolleyes:

12. Gregg

Gregg Monster Toning

You only showed me a photo of the front of the coins when the tell is on the back?
    Do you deal Three Card Monte as a side job?

13. lordmarcovan

@JCro57 - how is it that Henning nickels are legal to own, and not subject to confiscation by the TSA um - Treasury?

Gregg likes this.
  14. Gregg

Gregg Monster Toning

I'm very upset because this thread, which I started, has been a total train wreck.

#1: The seller ended up canceling the coin purchase, which is the first time I've had that happen.

#2: Some guy is droning on about fake Jefferson Nickels - the collectors of which, I think we can all agree, are the worst sorts of folks in coin collecting.

#3: I've doubts that I was able to cause anyone to be jealous which is the whole point of the forum, IMHO.

I'm in a bad mood now so I'm going to take a nap.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  15. lordmarcovan

I'm not even in a bad mood, but think that's a splendid activity for a rainy Sunday afternoon. Perhaps after I eat yet again.

The ladymarcovan "honey do" list can be procrastinated slightly. I can set an alarm so as to be found working when she gets home...

Randy Abercrombie and Gregg like this.
  16. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

The TSA article and "conversation" on another messaging board were very pointed. Kurt does not hide his feelings... I like that when someone can defend their beliefs when they believe an injustice is being done.

17. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

If you want to make me jealous, you have to start at AU55 or so.

18. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Let’s make someone jealous then ...
    9FAEEAC4-156D-4001-9B3F-312271C3726D.jpeg
    21EAD5AD-17DC-491A-9724-4923977080A9.jpeg
    ooh, this might help in the jealousy department.
    I paid less for the above 1921 than you would have with the G4 one.
    I have a higher grade PCGS in the SDB too that was bought years & years ago.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    Gregg likes this.
  19. lordmarcovan

20. lordmarcovan

No, wait - this thread started out with a nice crusty circ.

My current 1921 Peace is perhaps more appropriate.

rCimyJQUSf6Y4DR39zJf_20180316_093408.jpg wZpkLwXlRMS4DS5xoxaa_20180316_093434.jpg 7VxNL6oROGjeqXN1hl3F_7172-1921PeaceVF-obv.png 9dswW2DgS52MFsfWdNDJ_7172-1921PeaceVF-rev.png

TheFinn and Gregg like this.
  21. Gregg

Gregg Monster Toning

Crusty?
    I'd be offended if I owned it.

Excuse me… I need a moment...

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted