Preamble Coins

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by CHARLES GINETTO, Dec 29, 2019.

1. CHARLES GINETTO

CHARLES GINETTO Active Member

Well the next and last platinum Preamble to the Constitution Coins will be out soon. I wonder how much the Mint is going to charge this time. At any rate I will stop buying coins after this last purchase. I stopped buying Canadian coins after the great explorer series and now it's the US Mint's turn. It just isn't worth the money.

Inspector43 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I never bought any of them.

Inspector43 likes this.
  4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Have never bought anything platinum.......

GSDykes and Inspector43 like this.
  5. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

I quit buying wallpaper from the USPS and ballast from the U S Mint. They just keep inventing junk to drag in more money.

6. Collecting Nut

All so true. I stopped buying stamps years ago. The Mint is now doing what the po did and the po is still doing it.

Inspector43 likes this.
  7. Inspector43

Sad. I bought my first Proof Set from the mint in 1959. I still have it in the original envelope from the mint. I started buying Singles and Plate Blocks directly from the hometown PO even earlier than that. Done with both of them. I'll spend the rest of my like trying to get kids, grandkids and great grandkids interested in my stuff.

Have a Happy New Year.

Collecting Nut likes this.
  8. Collecting Nut

Done with the po, that's for sure. Slowly selling off or using my stamps. As for the Mint, I now buy very little. What I do buy fills my holes. Haha

Happy New Year to you as well!

Inspector43 likes this.
  9. Inspector43

Exactly my current activity. Wallpapered a lot of Christmas Cards this year. And, only filling holes in the sets I want to continue. Some sets I have just stopped filling.

Collecting Nut likes this.
  10. Collecting Nut

I hear that and I'm not starting any new sets either.

Inspector43 likes this.
  11. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I don't even know what you are talking about. Are these bullion pieces or medals or something?

12. Inspector43

They are $100 Platinum coins and sold for $1320 last year. I didn't buy any and never will.

13. CHARLES GINETTO

CHARLES GINETTO Active Member

The US Mint is selling "Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness" Platinum coins. This is the third and last year of this particular set.

Draft saved Draft deleted