Postal employee stole $49,000 worth of items, sold half on eBay

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by BUncirculated, Nov 19, 2012.

1. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

According to police, investigators were able to locate multiple stolen items on an eBay site from one seller called “TheFourHorsemen.” Using LeadsOnline – an online investigative system used to recover stolen property and solve crimes – police were able to identify the seller and search his home.

Police say they recovered $26,000 worth of stolen items in Garborski’s home and say he sold $23,000 in stolen items on his eBay site.

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S2839492.shtml?cat=566

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Sad story. I hope our postal system doesn't go down the drain like many other country's. I know if I ever moved to Thailand I simply could not collect coins. Any package that feels like there is weight inside is stolen in that county's postal system if it has a foreign postmark. We tried 3 times to mail a present to a friend who just had a baby, and all three times it never arrived. The third time we had proof it arrived in Thailand, then it just disappeared......

4. TheNickelGuy

TheNickelGuy Yippie I Oh

Always good to hear when someone gets caught. However http://myworld.ebay.com/thefourhorsemen the TheFourHorsemen name is unlikely.There is a person I have located and google and do various other searches on that stole a 1916 D dime from me. One day he will get caught. What goes around comes around.

5. JobIII

JobIII Active Member

This just makes me really paranoid about mailing anything, especially when you aren't using Certified or Insured mail. :rollling:

6. Aslpride

Aslpride Active Member

Here's picture for your last sentence. :)

[​IMG]

7. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Off with his fingers and aired on TV for all the thieves to see.

We gotta stop these crimes, dang a slap on the wrist.

8. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

First time I bought a slabbed coin it came through the mail and when I opened my box the letter was open with no coin inside. Hate thieves.

9. NorthKorea

NorthKorea Dealer Member is a made up title...

There's actually are simple solutions to get around the "missing packages" in Thailand:

1) Get a PO Box.
    2) Live in a condo.
    3) Send mail to businesses.

The routing of mail in Thailand generally as follows:

USPS sends to Thailand. Thailand Post accepts the package and routes to sub-stations. Any packages directed to businesses or condos (large population buildings) are sorted by the building address, as opposed to the final address; it's up to the building to do final sorting. Any packages directed to a PO Box are sorted by the post office (similar to the prior scenario). The problem is with delivery to home addresses. Since the packages are sorted by what amounts to courier service, the packages are "misplaced" ("fell off the bike").

The bigger problem that you'd have with buying coins in the Kingdom is the fact that they're illegal to import. According to Thai custom regulations, coins, bullion, jewelry, money, negotiable instruments, etc are all prohibited from mail.

10. doug444

doug444 STAMPS and POSTCARDS too!

A word about Certified mail -- it's totally worthless. Money wasted. There's no indemnity, no value expressed, no particular internal USPS controls. Just go insured -- you may get something back. "Certified" is little more than proof of mailing, period. Anyone at the delivery address can sign for the letter.

Draft saved Draft deleted