Post your world error coins

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Seattlite86, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

I've posted this in the Conder Tokens thread before but never here. Errors like this on Conder Tokens are really rare.

Off center cinder token.jpg
    2015-08-28-19-30-21.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Thread revival. Here’s a Colombia 1959 10 Centavos. On first look, I thought it was damaged at the date. Looks like an earlier state of what eventually became a shattered die. I believe that if the coin was UNC, we’d see the two die cracks intersecting. I’m betting a later state went all the way to the rim on the die crack moving NE towards the O, making two rim to rim die cracks. There are die cracks and chips on both sides of the coin. Not uncommon for Colombian coins, but still fun to find.
    DB77E1F4-700C-47AF-B044-133D5A0B67A4.jpeg 23393F9A-AC9D-42EA-81E8-88AAD4DBE4AF.jpeg 7F23AD33-C8C8-43F9-BC3F-9A6C3A4E744E.jpeg 638B2FC8-7475-45FA-901B-350E6D7CEF0D.jpeg 87C7B403-B144-429E-861F-4EFD4DFDEA11.jpeg

4. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

5. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Those are all great. That 6 pence is particularly.....striking....I'll see myself out :p

6. Seattlite86

It’s really cool seeing the error older stuff that’s out there. I think those made were a little more personal. You can’t help but wonder if the guy striking these coins cursed under his breath when he realized he had “missed”. “Oh well, toss it in the pile, hope no one notices”.

lordmarcovan and R_rabbit like this.
  7. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

I tend to think that Conder Token was struck off center on purpose. They were popular to collect even in those days and from some of my readings it wasnt unheard of to cause errors or slight issues with the tokens to boost desirability. However, i havent been able to find another example that far off center, let alone a major error like it.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  8. Seattlite86

Denmark Rigsbankskilling, 1813, cud
    20191020_110841.jpg 20191020_110753.jpg 20191020_110735.jpg

9. capthank

capthank Well-Known Member

10. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Where's the d/d on the 10 centavos. Lol

11. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Hows abouts an ancient error (brockage) 3553F28C-37C5-4531-8DFD-CD9C825B519B.jpeg 6EC60646-B365-4AD3-97BE-AB69EDBB6A05.jpeg

Kentucky and Seattlite86 like this.
  12. Seattlite86

Nathan401 likes this.
  13. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

86 BC

Seattlite86 likes this.
  14. Shrews1994

Shrews1994 Collecting is my passion.

15. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

This is more a variety than a true error; check out the doubling on the engraver's initials O. Roty near the rim at 6 o'clock on the obverse. PhotoEditor_20191022_193007277.jpg

16. Old. Value

Old. Value New Member

Hello to all members
    Im new here and i want to tell you about our discovery...
    Any collector who loves coins of 2 euros maybe knows the fame that exists around the greek 2 euros witch represent an ancient scene of the rapture of europe From zeus who is transformated into a Bull.

The year of 2002 the cutting of the one part of these coins took place in Athens and the orher part in Finland.The coin that were cut in Finland had above one of the stars the english letter of (S). Some collectors found that these coins had a bunch of small mistakes in some other more metal in the chest of europe the fenomenon that Is called (bikini), and in some other small alterations in the face and also in some other seemed to have fault in centering of the number (2).
    .For all these reasons we saw these coins to be sold in all kind of prices and sometimes very high.In that way we had the curiosity to make a reseach of these coins that were cut in Finland.
    Through 3 years we investigated with every detail up to 10.000 pieces of this type of coins here in Greece. We found out enough of the mistakes that we have already mentioned and through all these 10.000 pieces there was (one and only) witch stood out from the rest because there were a lot of mistakes in one piece of coin.
    Here we will show you some photographies of the mistaken coin itself. At the same time we will compare it to an ordinary one of the same cutting.
    The mistakes that we found out in this coin was
    .1)The centering of the one side of the coin with the picture of europe and Zeus clearly seems to be moved to the left side.
    2) The angle of number 2 is completely disappeared.
    3) The face of europe is also completely disappeared.
    4) The word (EUROPE) has moved from the right side starting from the word (E).
    5) There Is more metal in the chest of europe also known as "the bikini fenomenon".
    Furthermore there Is a small lesion in the clothe of europe.
    (The ordinary one of the same cutting. )
    [​IMG]

(The error coin)
    [​IMG]

(Zoom of the ordinary coin)
    [​IMG]

(Zoom of the error coin)
    [​IMG]

And here is all the errors
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There Is a chance that the coin would Be sold if there Is a strong interest.
    Thanks a lot.

17. Seattlite86

Your coin is perfectly normal, with circulation wear. Please do not advertise outside the buy, sell, trade forum.

18. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Nathan401 likes this.
  19. Old. Value

Old. Value New Member

I honestly don't know how you came to this conclusion ... the coin was checked by three experts and another twenty experienced collectors ... do you think they are wrong?
    Now we will start with the certification of authenticity

20. Old. Value

Old. Value New Member

I honestly don't know how you came to this conclusion ... the coin was checked by three experts and another twenty experienced collectors ... do you think they are wrong?
    Now we will start with the certification of authenticity

21. Seattlite86

Yes, they are wrong. What you did is called "appeal to authority" logic fallacy. You are wasting your time and money.

Kentucky likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted