Post your under $50.00 purchase...

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by jtlee321, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Which one? Of the 9 ddo's is it? I have the refence but can't nail it down.... not having the coin in hand.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Is it? Dang, every time I think I've checked my coins for varieties, Paddy finds one I've missed!

4. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

The "small stars" variety is scarcer than the large stars. I did not really care any further than that.

5. Don P

Don P Active Member

$45! Still searching for that MS67!

Attached Files:

6. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

I think this may be a strike through but I am not sure what it is, whether some sort of debris, grease or wood. It doesn't seem to be, from what I can see, an embedded bit of wood, but I could be wrong. I am trying to figure out if it could be debris (like in a dropped letter) where part of the devices was clogged and it fell out or whether it is something more foreign to the coin. The 'coloring' is light and consistent across where it is located, and part of that is areas that have ridges and valleys of a sort (i.e., it is not completely flat there, and it follows the contours). I think I might have to wait to get a very nice pic of it. I sure don't want to break it out to see the coin in hand for photoing.

7. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

I sniped this Civil War Token on eBay before Christmas for $31 :happy:

AU 58 BN
    Population 8
    71 in Higher Grades ;)

1863_G_B_McClellan_CWT_F-141-307a_OBV.JPG 1863_G_B_McClellan_CWT_F-141-307a_REV.JPG

8. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  9. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

10. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

$2 before I had it slabbed. PCGS price guide $750... but in reality $400.
    DSCN1572-vert.jpg

Skyman, SSG_Gonzo, Nas and 4 others like this.
  11. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

$0.75. Another cherrypick.
    DSCN1575-vert.jpg

12. TypeCoin971793

Nice pick, but how in the heck is that AU? Is the variety usually weakly struck?

Paddy54 likes this.
  13. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Dunno. I thought it was XF40!

14. Paddy54

Well if you wear the right shoes and rock a new wig.....:joyful:

C-B-D likes this.
  15. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

$29.99. It's a RPD, but I don't know which one. @Paddy54 will know!
    DSCN1540-horz.jpg DSCN1544.JPG

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  16. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

17. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

part of a set of 4 early commems. $14 each!
    DSCN1554-horz.jpg

TypeCoin971793 and Nas like this.
  18. Paddy54

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    Pickin and Grinin and C-B-D like this.
  19. TypeCoin971793

I got one of those in the same condition for melt about a year ago. I still have it. :happy:

20. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

2009eiffel.jpg 2009 20€ Euro Gustave Eiffel Monnaire De Paris Silver Coin French Mint Box COA (sic)
    ( 152216278437 )
    ITEM PRICE:
    US $47.00 => won this piedfort proof commemorative on ebay for the price of the 10 euro variety :happy:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  21. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

I have not posted in here for a while. My coin purchases have dropped off sharply over the last few months. I've been busy and just bought a new to me 2014 Ford Flex, which I have absolutely fallen in love with!! Plus the whole Christmas thing. LOL

Anyway's I found my self with some extra pocket money today and stopped by my favorite bullion/coin shop and picked up some real beauties.

Up first is a 1921 Morgan that I just could not say no to. First it's a really nice in hand '21, plus it has die cracks galore!! I'm a certifiable crack head, so if it has die cracks I want it. LOL I've done a Guess the VAM on it in another thread.

I paid $25.00 for this beauty.
    1921-Morgan-Dollar-VAM-3K2.jpg

And then I picked up this gorgeous coin. I think it's one of the most beautiful bullion coins I have ever owned. It has a very unique luster to it, I've never seen anything quite like it. It's a 1993 Mexican Silver Onza. I brought her home for $19.80.
    1993-Mexican-Silver-Onza.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted