Post your under $50.00 purchase...

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by jtlee321, Sep 4, 2016.

1. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

No. I work 1 day a week in a local coin shop, Saturday.

@IBetASilverDollar stopped in the shop today. I was helping him with his purchase and, as I often do with customers, I recommended this forum as a great resource.

By the way, you should be happy with the images, @IBetASilverDollar, they captured the blue better than I would have thought anybody could.

IBetASilverDollar likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. IBetASilverDollar

IBetASilverDollar Well-Known Member

Yeah happy with how the Peace photo turned out except I forgot to reset the WB for it after changing the lighting around but that's an easy fix, getting the color on there was my goal anyways

4. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

Cool.

5. MercuryBen

MercuryBen Well-Known Member

6. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

MercuryBen likes this.
  7. RonSanderson

RonSanderson Supporter! Supporter

If you are going to sell this as "1930 Buffalo Nickel Nice Circulated Condition", then you really can't expect someone to pay more than $2.85 for it (6.60 with shipping). Full horn, split tail, nice rounded foreleg. I'm very pleasantly surprised.

05c 1930 #02 full 04.JPG

05c 1930 #02 full 01v.gif

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  8. HAB Peace 28 2.0

HAB Peace 28 2.0 The spiders are as big as the door

30$. I give this coin < 50/50, of a chance to cross over PR70 DCAM. But who cares? Pretty coin though.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

gronnh20 and charlietig like this.
  9. MercuryBen

MercuryBen Well-Known Member

Confused . . . Why not just buy a pcgs pr70dcam? You can pick one up for $25 or less, no?

10. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Is this an DDR 001?

11. HAB Peace 28 2.0

HAB Peace 28 2.0 The spiders are as big as the door

I was in a local coin shop, and just sort of blindly bought it. What a shock. They had it listed a little above book lol. It's no biggie.

TypeCoin971793 likes this.
  12. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

$49.99 for a Unc details semi-key Morgan!
    s-l1600.jpg

13. kSigSteve

kSigSteve Active Member

C-B-D likes this.
  14. RonSanderson

RonSanderson Supporter! Supporter

47.61 shipped. Not sure why I bid on this one, because I just got another 1925 two weeks ago (in post #21564). Seems like a brain cramp on my part. Fortunately, I like it.

05c 1925 #02 full 04.JPG

05c 1925 #02 full 01v.gif

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  15. mikenoodle

Don’t take this the wrong way because Morgan’s have never been my strength, but a 1885-S is a semi-key date?

16. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Well, they're tough in UNC

Dave Waterstraat and mikenoodle like this.
  17. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

BCB02DB3-B499-4876-A2F1-81A9C244BB69.jpeg 2268BB3F-6CD2-4C57-BC5E-1200948B71B7.jpeg Paid $46 at an auction. Heading to California in my next economy shipment as it’s a solid au Brown my call is 55. My crappy pics notwithstanding

18. mikenoodle

I’d be really interested to know what it graded. I’d be in the XF camp as it has wear on the high points of the hair and leaves on the reverse.

Still a nice buy, though.

19. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

In hand it’s more handling than rub on the high points it they’re tough I think 50. Not enough luster for 58 but really no true wear with loss of design in hand the dark staining is my biggest concern. Is a stain not true environmental damage

20. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

21. Broncoholic

Broncoholic Well-Known Member

Here is one... barely fits in this thread: IMG_1782.PNG IMG_1783.PNG IMG_1789.PNG

Draft saved Draft deleted