Post your under $50.00 purchase...

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by jtlee321, Sep 4, 2016.

1. SSG_Gonzo

SSG_Gonzo Well-Known Member

Just won this one for $13.09 last night on eBay (Sellers Pics).
    s-l1600.jpg s-l1601.jpg

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Eduard

Eduard Supporter**

Sag_Gonzo, it cold be a good idea, as Dave suggests to open up a new thread to grade your peace dollar. This could be quite educational. I hope it grades 'way up there!'

SSG_Gonzo likes this.
  4. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Fact is fact. Based only on what I see here, which means my opinion could change with more information/larger pics, this coin is a minimum-MS63 LDS 12A Moustache, a big premium coin in 64 or better (the last 64 offered publicly went for almost $900). It's well worth slabbing even at 62 or 63.

5. SSG_Gonzo

SSG_Gonzo Well-Known Member

That is somewhat astonishing considering the amount I paid for it. If this coin is of value I may decide to sell it in order to purchase the coins I need for my Lincoln collection. Thank you for all of your help in determining an estimated grade. I went ahead and took your advise and started a new thread for the coin.

6. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

My mistake. The 2x2 was marked $30.00 but I got it for $20.00, I was thinking it was marked $40.00 and I got it for $30.00. LOL

dwhiz and jester3681 like this.
  7. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

I had the chance to buy a really nice UNC PL 1892 Columbian Expo Half for $30 at a show. I passed as I was not focusing on US at the time. Still regret that decision...

jtlee321 likes this.
  8. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I had to give $1 for this one. It has a bit of damage but I'm ok with that.
    Image_0205.jpg Image_0207.jpg

Curtisimo, dwhiz, Paul M. and 4 others like this.
  9. Eduard

Eduard Supporter**

This one was about $28 back years ago. Still below $50 in present value.
    IMG_5903_opt-2.jpg IMG_5905_opt-2.jpg

Curtisimo, Joe2007, gronnh20 and 5 others like this.
  10. jtlee321

I like that pocket piece. Those are pretty cool. I would like to get one sometime.

11. jtlee321

I actually paid $20.00 for it. I had forgotten that it was marked $30.00, but the dealer said $20.00 when I asked what his best price was, so I snagged it. They are common, but the color was pretty nice. I'm not keeping it, it was bought to try to turn a profit. I'd like to find a really nice one for my collection though.

12. SuperDave

Unless yours has been cleaned, I would buy every_single_one of those, in that condition, you would sell me for $50 and still make substantial profit on each after paying for slabbing. :)

Which is to say, I think it an easy AU (perhaps better) and at least a $150+ coin in a slab if the surfaces are original.

13. TypeCoin971793

I think he meant that after adjusting the $28 for inflation, it would still be under $50.

14. SuperDave

Yeah, but it was a lot more fun to misinterpret. :p

TypeCoin971793 likes this.
  15. jtlee321

I read it the same way you did. I knew what was meant by what he said, but still... :)

16. noname

noname Well-Known Member

I used to get great deals because I'm a kid, but then I grew a feet and no one believes I'm 15!

17. noname

noname Well-Known Member

WTF I checked the NGC registry, that coin is worth 1200 bucks in MS-60 condition!

18. noname

noname Well-Known Member

How the hell do you get thousand dollars coins for ten bucks?
    Tell me your strategy

19. TypeCoin971793

Secret eBay search algorithm. ;)

gronnh20 and noname like this.
  20. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

Knowledge. Comes in handy quite often :)

TypeCoin971793 likes this.
  21. jtlee321

It's up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, select, start.... Then you have secret access. ;)

Paul M. and TypeCoin971793 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted