Post your under $50.00 purchase...

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by jtlee321, Sep 4, 2016.

1. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

My dad was born in 1920, and like you, I bought a WL in his honor. If there had been a Peace Dollar in 1920, you can be sure I would have had one of them as I do for my mom, who was born in 1924. My younger brother, who died unexpectedly last year, has a WL Half in his honor, too, 1946, as there were no silver dollars for that year.

Whipps, crazyd and RonSanderson like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. RonSanderson

RonSanderson Supporter! Supporter

My parents were both born in 1917, so I put together this set in their honor.
    Set 1917 obverse.jpg Set 1917 reverse.jpg

I put together another one and gave it to my mother (yes, she's 100 now) and made up this photo, had it printed and framed, and sent that as well. (These are the same coins that are in the holder.)
    Year Set 1917 full 02.jpg

4. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

Beautiful set and congrats to your Mother for the milestone! I've only ever met one person to hit the century mark.

ColonialCoin4 and RonSanderson like this.
  5. RonSanderson

Thanks!

She is the one responsible for getting me back into the hobby two years ago. She had been putting aside silver coins and a lot of other stuff for the last 50 years (since I was a teen searching through rolls of pennies).

I started taking photos so I could show her how I was converting her gift into fewer, but nicer coins.

Now both endeavors, numismatics and coin photography, have taken on a life of their own.

She is doing great and sharing the coins and photos is a great way to share an interest.

6. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

7. crazyd

crazyd Well-Known Member

8. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

9. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  10. RonSanderson

29.99 last year. It was an ANACS MS65 but eventually I felt it had to come back out of the holder. That lets me photograph it without fighting through the plastic.

This is a large animation, so I apologize in advance to those of you with slow internet connections. You may need to wait a bit before it starts to tilt. 01c 1928 full 01v.gif

11. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Better call Smoky the Bear! The super lustrous rev. makes it look, like its out of control!

C-B-D likes this.
  12. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

More like Smokey and the Bandit. You stole that thing.

13. Whipps

Whipps Well-Known Member

14. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

15. BlackBeard_Thatch

BlackBeard_Thatch Captain of the Queen Anne's Revenge

16. Santinidollar

I'd call this coin proof like. Wonder what the proof looks like in hand. It'll have to be someone else's -- the price is out of sight on those.

17. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

More like a reverse proof look

Santinidollar likes this.
  18. Santinidollar

True

19. BlackBeard_Thatch

BlackBeard_Thatch Captain of the Queen Anne's Revenge

20. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

21. C-B-D