Post your under $50.00 purchase...

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by jtlee321, Sep 4, 2016.

1. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ZoidMeister

And I bought these for $38 each . . . .

Z

IMG_2059.JPG

Sunflower_Coins likes this.
  4. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

5. Paddy54

Were you holding a gun? Wearing a Zoid mask? Wow...

ZoidMeister likes this.
  6. ZoidMeister

Naw, I bought them at a pawn shop in Miami around 1983 . . . .

Silver had dropped like a rock and the shop wanted out of them.

Still they cost me less than $50 each, just not recently.

Z

Kasia and Paddy54 like this.
  7. Paddy54

You had me scratching my head.... :)

ZoidMeister likes this.
  8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Paddy54 likes this.
  9. Sunflower_Coins

Sunflower_Coins Importer and Exporter

$50 on the nose (or noses) for a herd of 15 bison. There was some good stuff in there, here's nice circulated examples of a 25-D and 25-S. (Shame on the light scratch for the 25-D but it's not very noticeable in my Whitman album.) VF range, 1925 seems to be a year of poor strikes. I've seen some 25-S nickels similar to this one in XF40 holders.

#00050320 Obv.jpg #00050320 Rev.jpg #00050319 Obv.jpg #00050319 Rev.jpg

Attached Files:

10. Sunflower_Coins

Sunflower_Coins Importer and Exporter

Two more from the same lot. Nice AU 1919 with some light (if hazy) toning, also going in the album. Then there is this insanely lustrous 1938-D/S that I have pegged as a FS-512. I'm only now noticing the small spot under the bison's head, might see what a light acetone bath does for it.

05C_1919 Obv.jpg 05C_1919 Rev.jpg 05C_1938-D D_S.jpg 05C_1938-D Obv.jpg 05C_1938-D Rev.jpg

11. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

Bought this from my LCS for $7, I think. There was no price tag on it but I bought another similar grade 41-D that he charged me $7. This was part of a large group of 75 coins that cost over $500.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He charged me MS65 greysheet and this coin is easily a premium gem with a legit shot at MS67, but it is going to reside in my album collection for a while.

12. Lehigh96

1943-S Jefferson Nickel Premium GEM BU FS $5

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is another cheap war nickel from my LCS. Unlike the 41-D shown in the previous post, this one is going to NGC for grading. I expect this coin to grade MS66 5FS. Some of you may be wondering, why not MS67 5FS? I have never had an MS67 lose a point for the rims, but I think this one definitely will. And as punitive as NGC was on my last submission, I will just be grateful if they knock off one point rather than net grading it to MS64-65, or even worse, details grading it for rim damage. And truthfully, the rim issue is easy to miss at first glance due to the magnitude of the coin, but once you see it, you can't un-see it.

13. Lehigh96

1926 Greenland HCN GJ 25 Ore No Hole Premium Gem BU $48

I won this coin in a "no reserve" auction on eBay for $48 last weekend. Here are the seller's photos, which are really quite good and an accurate depiction of the coin in hand, followed by my photos.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now some of you may know that I hold the top ranking set in the NGC Registry for the Greenland Milled coinage polar bear coins. My current occupant of this slot is a homemade MS66+ with spectacular pastel toning. This coin rivals my registry coin in every respect save the toning. This coin is an MS66 all day long, with an outside shot at either MS67 or MS66+. Here is my registry coin for comparison.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Omegaraptor

Omegaraptor Gobrecht/Longacre Enthusiast

D9A42B28-BDE7-4F70-B567-A8E229F24469.jpeg F0748917-6458-470D-9681-32018A27F984.jpeg

$40 + ship put this one just under $50. I see a VG coin under the haze and less-than-amazing obverse pic. Seller said the coin is less hazy in hand. Also an R-4 variety.

Sunflower_Coins, jtlee321 and green18 like this.
  15. Noah Worke

Noah Worke Well-Known Member

Here are all of my Canadian large cents. I took them all out of their 2x2s to get some better photos, and hopefully I'll order an album soon to keep them in. these were a few bucks each, I think the order in total was around 20 something bucks for all of them. They're really nice coins, with some unique coloring on the obverse of the 1911 and 1913.
    Edit: They were $1.45 each, I remember the price being higher because I bought some other coins in the same order.
    1911CanCentOBV 2.jpg 1911CanCentREV 2.jpg 1912CanCentOBV.jpg 1912CanCentREV.jpg 1913CanCentOBV.jpg 1913CanCentREV.jpg 1915CanCentOBV.jpg 1915CanCentREV.jpg

16. Lehigh96

1926 Greece Drachma CH/GEM BU $4.25

[​IMG]

Another eBay auction from last weekend, coin looks solid choice BU to me with shot at GEM, but then again, I have never graded one of these before.

17. Lehigh96

A few weeks ago, I spent over $500 on a large lot of 75 gem grade Jefferson Nickels. I noticed this Danish Mint Set in the bargain bin with a price tag of $10.00 and grabbed it; my dealer told me I could have it for free.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The smaller coins all have issues that preclude grading, but the Kroner are gem and it will only cost me about $20 each so I am going to submit them.

18. Paddy54

19. chlorinated

chlorinated Well-Known Member

20. Paddy54

Its unlisted

chlorinated likes this.
  21. chlorinated

chlorinated Well-Known Member

Is it the same size and weight as a Trade Dollar? Bigger at 420 grains?

Draft saved Draft deleted