Post your under $50.00 purchase...

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by jtlee321, Sep 4, 2016.

1. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

$5.50 binder included with 4 pages that can hold 24 coins each The two quarters and two of the dimes are silver the melt value of those is worth $10-$12 alone good deal!!!
    20210202_230944.jpg

Bradley Trotter and Scott J like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

4. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I tried to copy and paste a True view did the same thing.
    while I am replying to you, your S/S 41 Jefferson shows up. Is that a FS-502?
    Not sure of your method but you might have to try a different way.

5. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

I'm simply using HTML code to post from a photo hosting service, Imgur. Been doing it the same way for decades. All of a sudden it doesn't work?

6. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Oh, jeeze, I hope Imgur hasn't decided to go subscription-only. On the other hand, with the performance problems we've been seeing on CoinTalk, it may well be that some part of the Javascript that handles image copy/paste got tired of waiting for a response.

Let's try this:

[​IMG]
    Looks OK in the editor, let's see if it posts...

Edit: uh-oh. That was a freshly-picked Imgur link, and it still shows up when I'm editing, but not when the post is displayed.

7. -jeffB

I saw something similar yesterday or last night when I was trying to paste either an image or an image link. I ended up using "Upload a File", I think.

8. -jeffB

I'm seeing lots of activity on the page failing to complete -- talking to Twitter, talking to Facebook, talking to Amazon. I wonder if all the tracking stuff is finally bogging down actual content traffic here.

9. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

Here's a score I made yesterday at my LCS for $2.00. These coins are part of an assortment of foreign coins and paper money that I ended up paying about $13.00 for.

Foreign Silver Feb2 Obverse.jpg
    Foreign Silver Feb2 Reverse.jpg

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    Scott J likes this.
  10. Gam3rBlake

Gam3rBlake Well-Known Member

This is my most recent under $50 purchase.

I believe I paid $35 for it.

I’ve always loved Buffalo nickels so I really wanted a high grade one even if it is a common date.

2CA8B0A5-0979-4E93-B9F1-2D0CA1381C07.jpeg

Sunflower_Coins and RonSanderson like this.
  11. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

12. ZoidMeister

$39

Z

1861 Belgian Art Festival Medal - Welcoming Angel-Bull Harvest - obverse.JPG
    1861 Belgian Art Festival Medal - Welcoming Angel-Bull Harvest - reverse.JPG

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  13. ZoidMeister

14. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

15. Pickin and Grinin

This was left by Peter Tuesday night
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Peter T DavisHammer at the ReadyModerator
    It was a combination of a few things, the server is getting full, there was a bit of old code that needed updating, and there was an unusual amount of traffic coming to the site.

Support Coin Talk

I am wondering if a few paths for copy and paste were deleted in the process.
    Last night at about 7:30 I couldn't even get a CT page to load. Finally gave up.
    @GDJMSP blames the connection on slow servers. But that does not explain why a HTML code won't work for uploading photos.

16. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

When Peter posted that, he was talking about why CT was down on Mon.

Not exactly. I was blaming the intermittent slow downs that all website experience from time to time over the past months on overloaded servers. And that has/had absolutely nothing to do with CT being down on Monday. THAT was a CT problem.

No idea why that happened. But CT wasn't down then as there are many posts that were made about that time last night.

As for this -

I don't know why it isn't working. Maybe @Peter T Davis can explain.

17. Pickin and Grinin

Thank you.

18. Lehigh96

Doug, Is there anyway to fix this? I can't post photos to the forum, and most of my posts include photos.

19. -jeffB

Would you be willing to upload your image files here, instead of hosting them elsewhere and linking to them? I know there are intellectual property issues, and it seems counterproductive (because it would be increasing the load on CoinTalk's server), but it does work.

20. Lehigh96

I post on other forums and need the flexibility that a photo hosting site provides. It seems that everyone else can post their photos, is it just IMGUR that is the problem? Maybe I should switch photo hosting sites?

21. -jeffB

Possibly. I haven't kept up with all the comings and goings in the image-hosting space, but it seemed like Imgur was one of the more drama-free options.

It's just really odd that the image shows up in preview, but not in the post. I thought maybe it was cached in my browser, but I just tried editing my post above on an entirely different machine, and again it showed up in preview. I tried "Open image in another tab", and got a 404 Not Found error; extracting the URL from that, unencoding the special characters, and trying the result in a new tab took me to the image.

I suspect that something's wrong with the image proxying setup right now on CoinTalk, but I don't think it's something I can diagnose further.

Let me see if I can hotlink something from another random site...

[​IMG]

Nope. I think all image hotlinking is currently broken. I'll post something in Support.

Draft saved Draft deleted