Post your under $50.00 purchase...

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by jtlee321, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Coin Kid

Coin Kid Member

Sorry about the reflection from the light.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

That 38 D buffalo sweet but it's a D/S;)

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  4. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

The
    Thought I saw an S in there.

Paddy54 likes this.
  5. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

Are you saying it's a D over S? I really don't know a lot about mint errors or varieties.

6. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

Here's another picture of the reverse. It's hard to tell.

[​IMG]

Paul M. and Curtisimo like this.
  7. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

You need a close up of the mint mark looks to be an S under the D . Look through the D loop and see if you don't see a "s" mid section .
    Look inside the D between 12-1 looks like the top serif of the S
    Look down between 6-7 It looks to be the mis section of the s

heavycam.monstervam likes this.
  8. Dave Waterstraat

Dave Waterstraat Well-Known Member

$5.00 delivered and to be cracked out for my newest 7106 album.
    1938S.obv.1k.JPG 1938S.rev.1k.JPG

9. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

It's amazing that you can find a PCGS slabbed coin for $5.00. Someone really took a bath on that one. Makes me scratch my head on that one. Nice score for you though. :)

Curtisimo and Dave Waterstraat like this.
  10. RonSanderson

RonSanderson Supporter! Supporter

Maybe it was someone who couldn't tell the difference between die scratches and cleaning? The ones that disappear under the bridge of the nose would suggest that no one ever messed with the surface of this beauty.

Dave Waterstraat likes this.
  11. KevinM

KevinM Well-Known Member

Came in today @ $45 with shipping and auction house fee's made total a tad over 50

Attached Files:

12. jtlee321

That totally qualifies. This thread only takes into consideration the price of the coin, not shipping. :) So if shipping put your coin over the $50.00 point, it does not matter. It's only the coins price.

13. jtlee321

Here is another one that I picked up on Thursday, but didn't shoot until just now.

1972-S 40% silver Brown Box Proof Ike. $3.00 from one of my favorite local pawn shops. :)

1972-S-Eisenhower-Dollar-Obverse.jpg 1972-S-Eisenhower-Dollar-Reverse.jpg

14. Dave Waterstraat

I didn't expect to win it when I bid $5 with 2-1/2 hours left to close. It's straight graded 65RD btw.

Curtisimo likes this.
  15. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Can't beat the price! Nice cameo!

16. Dave Waterstraat

Although I almost hate to do it but I got this one for $10.00 and plan to crack it out for the same album. It's an old ANACS MS66 slab.
    1943D.obv.1k.JPG 1943D.rev.1k.JPG

17. jtlee321

You just gotta love it when other people ignore an auction like that. This and other great deals, is why I will not sell anything in an auction on eBay. Everything I list is Buy it Now or Best Offer.

I had put a snipe in on this one, which I posted about, earlier this year. I was expecting my snipe to get outbid, but I got a notification that I had won it. I just about hit the floor when I saw how much I had won it for. The final bid was $50.00 for a 1909 VDB PCGS MS-65RD, which I had sent to CAC and it recieved a Green Bean.

1909-VDB-Lincoln-Cent-PCGS-MS-65-Slab-Front-CAC.jpg 1909-VDB-Lincoln-Cent-PCGS-MS-65-Slab-Back-CAC.jpg

18. jtlee321

Which generation ANACS holder is it in? Is it in the "Official ANA Grade" holder or one of the ANACS holders with the bar codes? I'd have a hard time cracking it out of one of the original ANA holders.

19. Dave Waterstraat

It's the ANACS bar code holder. If it were the ANA label I probably wouldn't crack it.

20. Skyman

Skyman Well-Known Member

Got these as a lot for under $50, so I can play "Follow the Lead Picture" post.

1820,28,44,45,47,48_rLCo.jpg

21. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

I love this thread :headphone: 20161219_180023.jpg Set me back a 50 spot..... I hope this doesnt disqualify my post from this thread:nailbiting: because i only went over by .001:joyful:

Draft saved Draft deleted