Post your Toned World Coins!

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by AdamsCollection, Nov 25, 2019.

1. AdamsCollection

AdamsCollection Well-Known Member

I have not seen any toned world coin threads recently, and am unaware of any large toned coin threads so apologies if one already exists for world coins!

Here is my favorite toned world coin probably the first toned coin I have ever purchased! It is a 1964 Large Cent from Sierra Leone, my pictures are not the best but hopefully its good enough, and hopefully this sparks a good thread with interesting coins!!

Sierra1ton.jpg Sierra3ton.jpg Sierra5ton.jpg Sierra4ton.jpg Sierra2Ton.jpg

The colors SERIOUSLY pop out of this one in the hand, once the light hits it the whole coin goes into a deep purple, blue and pink coloration. I fell in love with the design of this coin, and the coloring and had to get a proof example as well, only 10k minted!

Share your best Toned World Coin! Let's see what you got!

Seattlite86, Stork, Chris B and 2 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Coinsandmedals

Coinsandmedals Well-Known Member

Very cool coin! I hope this thread takes off. I love looking at beautifully toned world coins. Here are a few from my collection.

1806 Great Britain Bronzed Proof Penny P-1326 PCGS PR-63BN WOOD.jpg
    1822 Ireland Bronzed Halfpenny S-6624 PCGS PR-63 WOOD.jpg 1913 Great Britain Penny WOOD.jpg

Seattlite86, Stork, Nathan401 and 2 others like this.
  4. AdamsCollection

First off, outstanding photography! I am very jealous of your skills haha

Secondly those are some outstanding coins! Toning is beautiful! I figured you would like this thread, see your profile picture and imagined it would make an appearance here! Glad to see them!

Coinsandmedals likes this.
  5. Coinsandmedals

I appreciate the compliment, but I, too, wish I had those photography skills. Those images are from the sellers. Coin photography is still a struggle for me.

Thank you! The two earlier pieces are some of my favorite coins. I have a few others that I’ll post when I get a chance.

AdamsCollection likes this.
  6. AdamsCollection

Ah, I re-use seller photos a lot too! Although sometimes I worry people will reverse image search and find whatever auction I got them from, some of my cherry picking honey holes might get discovered!
    Never the less great coins, look forward to seeing more!

7. mrbadexample

mrbadexample Well-Known Member

A toned Adam, Adam. :)

DSCF0826.JPG DSCF0828.JPG

I don't see much toning on cupro-nickel as a rule.

8. Mr. Flute

Mr. Flute Well-Known Member

9. Stork

Stork I deliver Supporter

I can do toned! This is perhaps my favorite which I have posted on many threads and forums. I love the way the sun is red. combo 242424.jpg

10. Coinsandmedals

This one may go for sale soon, but I love the color on this piece!
    1806 Bahamas Restrike Plain Edge Penny PCGS PR-63 BN.jpg

11. Stork

Stork I deliver Supporter

12. dirty_brian

dirty_brian Well-Known Member

I haven't bought a German coin in a long time. it was nice looking at these again
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Rheingold

Rheingold Well-Known Member

That's my favourite coin.
    Lightly toned peripheries and a clean weakly struck center....it's a Reichstaler from Hamburg....struck in the year after the huguenots sailed with the mayflower to the Indian area, which later was called the United States of America.

Attached Files:

14. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

15. CLC2010

CLC2010 Member

Found this neat French Indo China piastre in a LCS last year and snatched it up. These don't usually come with color. PCGS photo. AU55 FrenchIndoChina1927.jpg

Rheingold likes this.
  16. Coinsandmedals

17. Hus.thaler

Hus.thaler Well-Known Member

Here is a pretty common Prussian 2 mark with some pretty flashy toning: 20191026_135912.jpg 20191026_135921.jpg 20191026_135856.jpg 20191026_135903.jpg

18. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

My best world toner

1824 British Maundy 1 Pence . I suspect this one gained its toning from the original Maundy packaging from the time period.

2016-02-16-12-23-04.jpg

Mr. Flute and Coinsandmedals like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted