Post your star finds to date

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by tbudwiser, Oct 18, 2011.

1. jlg1130

jlg1130 New Member

Been having second thoughts about an '06 NY $1 star, (from run 4, 640K run) I recently found. Serial B 10161336 *.

I'm conflicted about this note, as far as keeping it, because it is a short run, however it is very heavily circulated, and one of the corners is torn off. :headbang:

It's only a buck, though, so keeping it isn't an issue. It's just seen better days, is all.

I'll post a pic later, if anybody is interested.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baubry

baubry New Member

Personally, I like thinking about the history of notes like this. It's been through so many hands, in so many wallets, purses and pockets. I think it makes a bill have character. I keep all my stars, no matter the condition. If all else fails I have some quick cash later.

4. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

+1.

5. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

Here are, by far, the worst two notes in my collection, just to give you an idea on some of things I keep:

002.jpg
    I, of course, got these for face value from my bank.

I didn't keep them so I could one day turn around and sell them for twice their face value, I did however keep them for history purposes and collection face value purposes. My NY * isn't even from a 640k run, either, it's from a much larger run! I just have this thing where I have to keep all stars, I don't know why, but for me that's just the way it is... Plus, how can you go wrong for $1? I sure couldn't...

6. jlg1130

jlg1130 New Member

Thank you Travis, and baubry for your thoughts on this.

I absolutely, 100% agree with you guys, on the history end of things. It's really cool to think of where a note has been, how many hands it's passed through, where it's traveled, etc.

Case in point, the 1950A $10 that I posted about a few days ago (the one that I bought off of a guy at the grocery store). That note is dirty, wrinkled, and even the alignment on it is bad (which has nothing to do with circulation wear, I know) and you know what, I'll keep it forever. It's been around a long time, and if it could talk, the stories it could tell.

Just to clarify, I never mentioned anything about reselling. That was never my intention, nor has it ever been.
    The reason I collect is for me, because I like to do it, and I could honestly give a rats butt about anything else. If I like a note, and I am able to, than I save it.

The $1 that I posted about earlier is most likely going to stay put in my collection. Thanks again guys, for your thoughts.

7. fish968

fish968 New Member

2 dolla star.jpg So I got this at one of banks last week , its pretty beat up but its one of my lowest serial number star notes. ALso too bad its not a full radar note, but I still like it.

8. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

I've found 3 of these in a single strap of $2's once. They weren't consecutive and they weren't together... Only one of them was a 5-digit serial number. Cool find.

9. anzani racer

anzani racer New Member

i got this in toronto over the weekend
    IMG_5730.jpg

10. ForTHEkids

ForTHEkids Member

I found this note today. The star note look up feature on My currency collection.com list this from a run of 320,000. But the production table shows it is from a run of 640,00. I'm happy either way but has anyone else looked up a star and got different run sizes for the same note.
    Derek 2006 320000 run.jpg

11. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

I have come across many differentialiities in mycurrency.com like this, so I started using USPaperMoney.Info. It is a little harder to use but once you get used to using the numbers and productions tables and all, it get's easy. I belive this note to be from a 640k run. Let me go check right now...

12. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

13. ForTHEkids

ForTHEkids Member

Tbud,

Thanks for the info. I will be sure to use the other sight to cross reference in the future.

14. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

Nice note from a slightly high run, but still collectible. I like the lower serial number as well.

15. ForTHEkids

ForTHEkids Member

Today I found A 2006 $5 IG 00428134*. It comes from a run of 640,000. Sorry I can't post a pick. The note must have the new security feature because I am unable to scan it. I will have top break out the camera.

Derek

16. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

All colorized notes have that feature... Congrats on the find! I don't know why, but I haven't been able to find any IG $5 *'s... Was it brand new crisp like it was just released into circulation?

17. ForTHEkids

ForTHEkids Member

It was still crisp but it has a slight fold down the middle.
    Derek

18. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

Hhhhmmm... This should be interesting... I've been looking out for a $5 IG* for a while now maybe the time has finally come for my bank to grab me one.:D I've also been looking out for a $5 IL*...

19. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

This one came out of an ATM yesterday morning.

[​IMG]

20. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

I have one example of an IK* SOI. Very nice. Mine was a teller find. Are you going to keep it?

21. MercuryDime

MercuryDime New Member

I have one *J00924762 $1 bil!

Draft saved Draft deleted