Post your star finds to date

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by tbudwiser, Oct 18, 2011.

1. funkee

funkee Tender, Legal

My mistake. I was typing that on the go. Here's what it was:

$20 2004A SERIAL #GF 00066600 * STAR NOTE Choice-Gem CU (#120165544039)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mammoth29

mammoth29 Well-Known Member

Got this back in change from my local gas station today. Not worth much, but always cool to get one so unexpectedly!

IMG_0224.jpg IMG_0225.jpg

4. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

I find so many that I only keep a small portion.
    Here are some of the $1's. All from within 6 months or so.
    [​IMG]

5. DM1

DM1 Active Member

I used to find them. Naturally, since I got interested in currency collecting, I haven't found a single one :rolling:

6. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

Haha. Of course, that's how it goes. I have no interest in currency collection, so I have started releasing them back into the wild. I was always amazed how some people say they NEVER find any. But then I realized, these days, many people do not handle a lot of cash. It's all plastic and embedded micro chips. :)
    I was just spoiled because my wife was a bartender and I had the opportunity to look through large amounts of bills.

7. DM1

DM1 Active Member

That's me, I seem to do almost all of my transactions with plastic, that certainly raises the odds quite a bit.

8. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

Well if your birthday is on May 28th, 1923, or if that is just a day of significance, it is worth a lot lol. I just looked up that day on the Internet (as I always do with date notes) and the only historical things that happened was that the US attorney general announced it is legal for women to wear trousers anywhere in public and US unemployment was nearly ending...

9. bonniview

bonniview Active Member

Scan_Pic0001.jpg
    I have not seen anyone post any $1 2006 Cleveland stars in a long time so i thought id bring them back into the spotlight.These are hard to find in circulation without a doubt.

10. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

4 digit serial to boot!:D

11. LionelR

LionelR Supporter! Supporter

Hello-
    Received these in change over the past few weeks.
    -L

2012-10-06-Stars.jpg

12. RedSeals

RedSeals New Member

Received these in change in the past few months, finally got around to scanning them.

$20 - Run of 320K
    $5 - Run of 640K

I figure they're keepers, right?[​IMG]

13. jmann

jmann Guest

just started collecting notes and stars the last month or so CCF09292012_00008.jpg CCF04212012_00000.jpg CCF09292012_00014.jpg CCF09292012_00011.jpg

14. bonniview

bonniview Active Member

Scan_Pic0001.jpg Scan_Pic0002.jpg

Thought i would bring this thread back from the dead with these recent finds.

15. RedSeal,
    Nice notes, I don't collect star notes but I do happen to have more than a few of them.
    If any one needs them for their collection let me know just what your looking for and if
    I have it maybe we can do some kind of trade for the common notes I need for my collection.

What I would like to know is how did you scan those new notes, my scanner wont scan any
    of the newer notes, been told they have something printed on them so that the scanner wont
    scan them.
    Did you figure out some way to get around the problem.
    Bill Collector

16. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

Got this one in change from lunch today. Grades VF-XF, so not bad for face value. I'm at work, so can't post pics, but here is the serial and run information from mycurrencycollection.com[h=2]$1 2006 - L08787863*[/h]

[h=3]Run Size[/h] 5,760,000

17. g1rge

g1rge Member

First Star Notes of 2013

I got these 2 on New Years (very early in the morning) ;)

2009 $1.jpg 2006 $20.jpg

cletis faye likes this.
  18. LionelR

Nice find!
    that 1$ has an interesting (to me anyway) serial number as well.
    -L

19. LionelR

My 2013 beat-up change so far.
    -L

2013-02-02_Stars.jpg

20. Kip

Kip Member

Three series 1995 $1 star notes with consecutive serial numbers and one series 2004 $20 star note I got as payment at work about five years ago. photo.jpg photo1.jpg

21. Becca

Becca New Member

Here's one of mine:) got it from my boss.

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted