Post your silver finds!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by thecoinlover, Feb 6, 2012.

1. thecoinlover

thecoinlover Banned

Here is a thread for any of your US silver coins from rolls, registers, on the ground; it doesn't matter! Let me start with mine. About a year ago, I looked through two rolls of nickels (I know, that is not enough rolls!), and to my amazement I found a 1943-P war nickel! Now, let's see yours! :D

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. thecoinlover

thecoinlover Banned

Why doesn't anyone post on my threads?

4. wheatydigger

wheatydigger Member

you should probably post photos, for some reason photos make people want to post on your thread. Don't ask me why, because I really don't know. I just learned this from experience. By the way, so far I have found about 4 silver kennedy halves and around 50 wheat cents from CRHing, 7 and 1/2 wheat cents from detecting, and 3 or 4 silver dimes from change.

5. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

Nickels searched (around 350 Rolls):
    1929S
    1936D
    1938D
    1939x5
    1940x7
    1940Dx5
    1940Sx3
    1941x10(one given as change)
    1941Dx4
    1941Sx4
    1942D
    1942Sx2(silver)
    1944P (silver)
    1945P(silver)
    1945D(silver)
    1945Sx2 (silver)

As you can see I have not found any 1943 nickels from any mint since I started keeping stats so for you to find one in just two rolls is quite something.

6. Like a year ago I was at subway buying a sub. And when I see the tips container there was a 43 war nikel and I asked the lady if I could switch a dollar for that nikel and she said yes so I got it and then she said Why do you need it and I couldn't lie so I told her that it has silver and she said o I collect coins too I have some silver quarters but I didn't know that nikels have silver .so I explained her about war nikels and I told her keep it and don't loose it she was all happy

7. The other day I was at work when my co worker comes and ask me for a dime that he was missing to buy a coke and I didn't have change then he says Thanks anyways. And he leaves counting his money (change) when he drops a coin and I heard pinnnnnnn and I said wait let me see your change and he handed to me and boom there was it a 1964 d dime and I told him ill buy you the coke for the dime but I told him that it was silver we both ended happy lol

Draft saved Draft deleted