Post Your Proof or Mint Sets!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by coinmaster1, Sep 2, 2010.

1. coinmaster1

coinmaster1 Active Member

Post your Proof Or Mint Sets! I'll post some tomorrow when I have access to a camera.
    KEEP THIS GOING!

Enjoy this thread!,
    Coinmaster1. :D

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. EyeEatWheaties

EyeEatWheaties Cent Hoarder

Mint Sets 1956 to 2009 Complete

[​IMG]

Proof Sets 1956 to 2010 Complete

[​IMG]

Premiere and Prestige? naaaa

How about this for the Coup d'état

[​IMG]

/end thread

bruthajoe likes this.
  4. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

It would be silly for me to photograph my mint & proof sets because the photo would look just like yours! :)

I do have a Dansco album that holds a set of flat pack proof sets dated 1955 to 1964. Each page has two large rectangular holes for the flat packs. It includes the standard Dansco sliding windows which allow viewing of the obverse & reverse of the flat packs.

5. Taubin

Taubin New Member

Wow, nice collection... And here I was excited because I made my first coin purchase a few days ago, with the 2010 silver proof set. It still hasn't shipped yet, but, I'll post when it does :)

6. krispy

krispy krispy

It's tomorrow and I'm trying to enjoy this thread... where are your pics? ;)

7. Leadfoot

Leadfoot there is no spoon

I call your 1956+ proof sets and raise you one partial 1905:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

/continue thread

:)

8. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

Whatta ya mean tomorrow Krispy ? Mine were supposed to have shipped on 8-29.

Date/TimeActivityLocationDetailsSep 3, 2010 12:17 PMArrived at FedEx locationFEDEX SMARTPOST CHINO, CAAug 31, 2010 10:42 PMDeparted FedEx locationFEDEX SMARTPOST NEW BERLIN, WIAug 31, 2010 4:52 PMArrived at FedEx locationFEDEX SMARTPOST NEW BERLIN, WIAug 31, 2010 4:47 AMDeparted FedEx locationFEDEX SMARTPOST INDIANAPOLIS, INAug 30, 2010 11:36 PMArrived at FedEx locationFEDEX SMARTPOST INDIANAPOLIS, INAug 30, 2010 3:49 PMShipment information sent to FedEx

9. Taubin

Taubin New Member

I ordered first set on the 30th from the mint, and I'm still waiting for them to ship :( So much for paying for expedited shipping lol

10. krispy

krispy krispy

Eh? what? I have no idea what all that jumble is supposed to mean. I was responding to coinmaster1 and asking for the pics he promised the thread. :)

11. coinmaster1

Here's the pics that you wanted, krispy. Sorry they're late. I have MANY MANY MANY more sets, but didn't want to post them. Would take too long. :D

1957 Proof Set
    IMG_2777.jpg

1976 Bicentennial 40% Silver 3-Coin Set
    IMG_2776.jpg

1996 Uncirculated Set (Including 1996-W Dime)
    IMG_2775.jpg

2009 18-Coin Proof Set
    IMG_2774.jpg

2010 14-Coin Proof Set
    IMG_2773.jpg

12. EyeEatWheaties

EyeEatWheaties Cent Hoarder

I have wondered about that. I don't know what is the best way to store these sets. My inclination is to seal them up semi- permanently - on the other hand individually they aren't that valuable, so displaying the zillion coins would be cool - but how?

I finally got a drill bit at 1-7/32" for the Round Intercept containers for the raw Proof Lincolns - but other than that what do other do with their mint sets?

I feel kind of stuck with the prestige and premiere sets. Its almost like what is the point of these. Has the mint over saturated the market with collectables or what?

13. krispy

krispy krispy

Thanx! Coinmaster1! I really like the three piece bicentennial set you posted!

14. coinmaster1

thanks, glad you enjoyed the pics.

15. krispy

krispy krispy

You take good pics! Hope you show us more of your collection in the future.

16. eealopez

eealopez Junior Member

I've purchased:
    1999 & 2003 State Quarter Proof Sets;
    1970 Proof Set
    1992 Silver Proof Set
    1960 Proof

and I've signed on for the auto ship Silver Proof sets from 2009. Should get my 2010 soon.

Today I also went ahead and signed up for auto ship on all proof, uncirculated sets -- so that'll give me the (1) silver proof; (2) proof; (3) uncirculated sets annually

I've got a lot of catching up to complete my sets.
    e.

17. coinmaster1

Thanks! I need a better camera though. Mine is horrible when taking coin pics. I always have macro on which helps a little. I gotta learn to take pictures like you guys! :D

18. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

So sorry Krispy, I thought you were responding to Taubin, when you said tomorrow about shipment of his 2010 Silver Proof sets from the Mint.
    I posted my 2010 Silver Proof set tracking just to show they are on their way.

19. biggiej

biggiej Member

I have got 1958 to 2010 mint sets, and 1958 to 2010 proof sets though I am still missing the 1995 silver set and the 1999 silver set. I have mine in 3 ring binders in 2 and 3 sleeve holders.

20. eealopez

eealopez Junior Member

Hmmmm. Are they still in the boxes stored in the 3 ring binder? I like the idea of a binder, but I don't know what kind of sleeve holders you have. Are they available at Office Depot or where?

21. coinmaster1

Anybody got the 1936 proof set?

Draft saved Draft deleted