Post your Pocket Change

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Clawcoins, Dec 5, 2016.

1. CoinKing187

CoinKing187 Member

When I ride,They Ride With Me

IMG_20170716_002817.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mad Stax

Mad Stax Well-Known Member

Went to the LCS, ended up grabbing a couple of hole filler wheaties.
    Realized I got a free wheat in change upon returning home...
    20170831_102718.jpg 20170831_102752.jpg

4. santy

santy Member

my pocket change

Attached Files:

5. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

DSCN9356.JPG DSCN9357.JPG DSCN9358.JPG DSCN9359.JPG I look at something like that 1954 D Lincoln cent and remember roll hunting when I was a kid, back in the 50s and 60s. Steel 1943 cents were common then, as were standing liberty quarters and walking liberty halves. My dad found a 1922 D and an 09 VDB in rolls or pocket change. Could still get silver dollars at the bank for one greenback dollar then. Things have changed now, wonder how I lived so long? I bet some Roman or Greek guy was saying almost the same thing 2000 years ago, as he buried a hoard of coins for us to find many centuries later.

Here are a couple coins I got in pocket change. The 10 baht appears in hand to be mildly frosted or sand blasted; the smaller 25 satang is just nicely toned or tarnished. Sorry, I have not yet learned to read the numbers in this language. Long ways from the land of Lincoln...

dwhiz, Tyler Graton and Mad Stax like this.
  6. steve.e

steve.e Cherry picker

From the local convenient store. 20170831_194718.jpg 20170831_194634.jpg don't even have to ask anymore. They see me and say I've been waiting for you. This looks old. Nothing like silver for face value. Yay,Yay!!!!

7. steve.e

steve.e Cherry picker

Got this in my change for breakfast this morning 20170910_125641.jpg 20170910_125548.jpg I'd grade this a high end fine!!!! All smiles here.
    Wow, 2 in a row. I'm on a lucky streak!!!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    Bambam8778, dwhiz, Mad Stax and 4 others like this.
  8. ErolGarip

ErolGarip Active Member

Interesting. This thread is one year old, there are 6 pages and 106 posts and no one has shown a pocket coin yet.
    Here is my pocket coin (You call it "pocket change"? No, it isn't "change", because it is the one, it is the "pocket coin".)

pocketcoinsmall.jpg

9. ErolGarip

ErolGarip Active Member

This is "Pocket CHANGES"

Bambam8778, steve.e and Truble like this.
  10. Truble

Truble Well-Known Member

Well something we can agree on. Great Seinfeld show reference!

11. Mad Stax

Mad Stax Well-Known Member

Was cleaning the car out today, and next to the passenger seat I found a small box full of coins. A friend must have forgotten it there (who knows when... first time I've cleaned the car in months.) As fellow numismatists I'm sure you can imagine the little rush I experienced upon finding some coins to search through!

Standard pocket change throughout, probably about 5-10 dollars worth. But, as I'm rifling thru this handful of coins I see a dime that has the telltale silverish appearance. Nah, it's always a false alarm. I'm never so lucky as to find precious metal in change. But... lo and behold, twas silver indeed!

20171205_085243.jpg 20171205_085215.jpg

Pretty mucked up, looks like old Rosie has seen better days. Nonetheless I was quite happy to find him, and I think I'll hold onto him for a bit. Finds like these (while not worth a ton) always remind us that there are still little old pieces of silver still in the wild waiting to be found.

juris klavins, steve.e and Clawcoins like this.
  12. coin_nut

Pocket change from the airport at Incheon last year 2016 Korea 100 w obv.JPG 2016 Korea 100 w rev.JPG

Pickin and Grinin and Mad Stax like this.
  13. Lawtoad

Lawtoad Well-Known Member

Nice little holiday suprise in my change at the grocery store this morning.

Attached Files:

juris klavins, Mad Stax and steve.e like this.
  14. coin_nut

This thread seems to be languishing.....here is a neat coin I found in pocket change over a year ago. My first visit to the US in 10 years, and I was amazed and delighted to see so many new types of coins. Too bad this one is so dinged up, perhaps I can get ahold of a better example soon. 2005 P US 5 c obv.JPG 2005 P US 5 c rev.JPG

Mad Stax and Pickin and Grinin like this.
  15. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I pull every one I see out of circulation. there is a speared buffalo variety for that coin.

coin_nut likes this.
  16. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

I don't pull every 2005 nickel I see but I look real good at them and keep the best examples.

17. coin_nut

I used to do that with the 1943 steel cents......and the silver nickels

18. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Some recent change
    IMG_1655.JPG IMG_1650.JPG

Attached Files:

19. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

20. coin_nut

Here is a hand full of pocket change from my buddy Mike. Yes, he lives in Kenya. Kenya mix.JPG

steve.e likes this.
  21. ValpoBeginner

ValpoBeginner Well Known Supporter

Cool find from a corner bakery/deli
    20180129_032502_Richtone(HDR).jpg

magnifier_20180129_034114.png magnifier_20180129_034114.png
    magnifier_20180129_031744.png
    I got these yesterday at lunch.... Let's just say it was not life altering but you rarely see these in everyday change... A less thrilling than the major variety '55 D/S, and a 686S that looked cleaned

I

Draft saved Draft deleted