Post your Peace Dollars

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by pumpkinpie, Mar 15, 2012.

1. furham

furham Good Ole Boy

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bear32211

bear32211 Always Learning

Newbe here I have this one which was recently purchased, they say it is AU would you agree ? DSC08074 (2).JPG

Bob Evancho, dwhiz, medjoy and 2 others like this.
  4. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

There are some awesome coins posted here. When i first started collecting as a kid, all of my coins were change finds or whatever I could get for face value at the local bank. While in highschool, I had a football coach who was a retired professional player and an avid coin collector. He had the most beautiful set of raw Morgans and Peace dollars that I had ever seen and have yet to see again all together. He quickly became a mentor.
    He gave me my first Peace Dollar, a '23, and since I have added more to my collection. These were the first coins that I had ever paid more than face value for.
    For 35 years I have been waiting and watching for a nice '28 to come along that I could get without breaking the bank and several months ago, it did. After lots of negotiating, which included some trading and cash, I made a deal.
    Sent the guy some coins that I otherwise would have never sold and a money order and he mailed the coin. In anticipation I kept a close watch on tracking the package. It hit the main P.O. close to where I live and showed it left there headed to my local P.O. 50 miles away. It never made it. Somewhere it its last 50 mile journey it was lost. After months of dealing with the P.O. and negotiating again with the seller over a price for my trades, some of which he had already sold, I did get a reasonable refund, but am still extremely disappointed. Everytime I see a picture of a '28 I have to look to see if it is that one. Kinda like a lost pet.

capthank likes this.
  5. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

6. Morgandude11

7. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

Obverse looks like a go, assuming the reverse has a similar pattern of wear, then yes, you have an AU coin.

Bob Evancho and Morgandude11 like this.
  8. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

A Travis sighting, how is it going man?

9. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

here is a raw one from my collection that I like the color on it.
    britannia 035.jpg

dwhiz, Morgandude11 and Skyman like this.
  10. Morgandude11

Dude--good to see you here.

tmoneyeagles likes this.
  11. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

Yes yes, I felt it was time to poke my head in. And hey if I've got the time, all must be well. :happy:

12. 49ers

49ers Junior Member

love them Peace Dollars. Here's three nice duplicates 1921.

1922pf.JPG 1922pb.JPG

dwhiz likes this.
  13. 49ers

49ers Junior Member

1923 1923pf.JPG 1923pb.JPG

dwhiz likes this.
  14. 49ers

49ers Junior Member

1924pf.JPG 1924pb.JPG

dwhiz likes this.
  15. 49ers

49ers Junior Member

1925 duplicates 1925pf.JPG
    1925pb.JPG

dwhiz likes this.
  16. 49ers

49ers Junior Member

1934-D Worn but glad to have her and she was my first Peace Dollar.

1934df.JPG 1934db.JPG

Bob Evancho and dwhiz like this.
  17. AcesKings

AcesKings Well-Known Member

18. Morgandude11

bear32211 likes this.
  19. bear32211

bear32211 Always Learning

Explain to the newbe here why it is so important to put the coins in airtites compared to the squares ? Is it so they wouldn't be damaged by being stacked on one another ?

20. Morgandude11

The squares allow for coin damage and toning that you would NOT want. Staple damage is far from uncommon. Moreover, the cardboard in the squares can tone a coin, which is a concern if you don't want it toned. Residue transfer from the plastic can take place as well.

bear32211 likes this.
  21. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

Here's my contribution with my sole example of the series (I don't do sets actually)

[​IMG]

Q

dwhiz and 49ers like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted