Post your Peace Dollars

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by pumpkinpie, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Ike Skywalker

Ike Skywalker Well-Known Member

I still need to photograph my Peace Dollar set. Perhaps during spring break.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

4. DUNK 2

DUNK 2 Well-Known Member

JPeace$ likes this.
  5. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

@DUNK 2 , thank you very much. I have the '22 and '24 in-hand. I really love the even patina on each. I like the '24 better, but one of my colleagues liked the '22 better. I'm glad I have them both. As for the '35-S, I just won it at auction. Will get it in a week.

6. edssco

edssco Junior Member

Nice 1935-S and in a OGH too good job on all your new coins

JPeace$ likes this.
  7. Skyman

Skyman Well-Known Member

That's a 30th anniversary "retread" label. If you look right above the grade you'll see the designation. Be aware of them, as they can fool the uninformed.

8. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

9. Zeppo Shanski

Zeppo Shanski Active Member

10. bear32211

bear32211 Always Learning

11. Zeppo Shanski

I collect stuff that I think is cool. I kinda think that every collection needs a Peace and a Morgan. I saw this Peace and my Morgan in a “bullion coins” box. I got it really cheap.

longshot likes this.
  12. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

I have a complete set plus several duplicates. One of my favorite coins, too, the other is the IHC.
    Peace_Obv.jpg

13. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

14. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

That 1924 is a gorgeous coin, I can attest personally as a previous owner.

[​IMG]

Skyman, dwhiz, JPeace$ and 2 others like this.
  15. furham

furham Good Ole Boy

I don't blame you.

dwhiz likes this.
  16. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

I was lucky enough to inherit 4 of the 8 Peace Silver Dollars that my father left to me and my brother. I don't remember which ones he got. My brother gave me a list of all the coins and currency that was in his collection. He asked me to divide it. I made two lists, A & B. I told him to take his pick and I would take the other. It really didn't matter as they were both equitable. Anyway, I did get 4... a 1922, 1923, 1923D, and 1923S. They are very pretty coins. I will not have them graded because it would mean they would be in someone's hands that I didn't know. I was a State Auditor for North Carolina for over 30 years and found that people are as honest as they can get away with. I had 3 men put in jail for theft and over 30 men and women to lose their jobs for theft or misappropriation. Just remember that when a coin that you love is entrusted to someone you really don't know, no matter how reputable. One of the men that went to jail was the Dean of the MBA program.

Dynoking, dwhiz and LA_Geezer like this.
  17. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

18. bear32211

bear32211 Always Learning

It's nice when you complete a set of Peace dollars a big accomplishment as far as I'm concerned.

LA_Geezer and dwhiz like this.
  19. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Thank you Lehigh, I thought so too. When I saw it up for auction, I had to have it. The patina is very even throughout and the luster accentuates it nicely.

20. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

Thanks, and love your avatar!

I'm considering a second set of Peace Dollars, armed with what I've learned here. I'm reluctant to buy any that have been slabbed, though, as this is a form of persuasion to my way of thinking. I prefer to make my own judgments, good or bad.

Don P likes this.
  21. Zeppo Shanski

I must have missed a chapter.

Why is/are slabbing or slabbed coins bad?

TIA.

Draft saved Draft deleted