Post your Peace Dollars

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by pumpkinpie, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

Curtisimo and Santinidollar like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lkeigwin

lkeigwin Well-Known Member

4. lkeigwin

5. lkeigwin

6. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Wow lance. Those are some sexy girls!

Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
  7. Ike Skywalker

Ike Skywalker Well-Known Member

8. merrill01

merrill01 Member

I love Peace dollars. They were only made from 1921 to 1935, so a very short collection. The only one that is very hard is the 1928. Not hard, but expensive.

9. crypto79

crypto79 Junior Member

The only major error of the series with both of the naked eye different Rev types
    [​IMG]

10. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

11. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

12. Santinidollar

You obviously haven't priced the 1934-S.

Brett_in_Sacto and Tater like this.
  13. DUNK 2

DUNK 2 Well-Known Member

Or he or she knows something we're missing.:greedy:

Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
  14. Santinidollar

This I do know: Unless someone wants to give me a very expensive gift, I will never own a 34-S in an MS grade.

Tater likes this.
  15. lkeigwin

I struggled with the '34-S too. I wasn't completely happy with this one (MS63).
    Lance.

1934-S Peace PCGS MS63 obv.jpg 1934-S Peace PCGS MS63 rev.jpg

16. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Well, it wouldn't be much of a 66 but as a 63 it's kind of terrific. :)

Tater likes this.
  17. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Not a real Peace Dollar, but this thing 1917 2 oz-horz.jpg is a beauty to behold.

18. dwhiz

and here is its mate, another beauty.
    1917 HR Peace $ A-horz.jpg

19. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Sorry not a Peace Dollar nothing more than a copy. And should be noted on each item!
    And not a personal attack dwhiz, but ....for the life of me can't understand how these can be sold? Fake Rolex watches, Fake Louis Vuitton products , any other patten ,or copyright Designer items are illegal to sell!
    I'm not finding fault with what any collector collects....just amazed that there's a loop hole that allows such. I have seen many law suits one in particular is "OLD BAY" is a seafood seasoning. Another company produced a similar product in a can that looked very close to the Old Bay products . That company was sued for copyright infringement and lost!
    And that's just one example of such....
    One only needs to put themselves in the opposite position ....let's say you write a song or a book,or have a known product that another infringes on your products. Wouldn't you be upset?
    I have no issues with free enterprise , but there's a thin line between free enterprise and copyright infringement .

20. dwhiz

Hey no problem we all have our likes and dislikes.
    Don't forget to add Cobra replicas to your list.

21. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

dwhiz all of them are on my list.....and again it's a personal choice .Having been in the food business for over 50 years,and a father who worked for the Federal Reserve I am just wired to my beliefs of items that are knock offs.
    I do take issues when one's work is copied or used against their wishes.
    case in point using a song in a political campaign that the artist is not wanting their work to be associated with that campaign .
    Heck I can recall in H.S. where the school would put on a play. And had to pay for the rights of the script ,and to advertise the production of the play.
    Again if you developed a product and I was to use it without written consent that's just plain wrong.

dwhiz likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted