Post Your Numismatic Literature!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by CBJesse, Jun 5, 2013.

1. CBJesse

CBJesse Capped Bust Fanactic

Just got my copy of Early United States Dimes in the mail.

Attached Files:

NSP likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. yarm

yarm Junior Member

Canadian collectors might enjoy Haxby's Striking Impressions, The Royal Canadian Mint and Canadian Coinage, a well illustrated text on Canadian mint history and processes.
    [​IMG]

4. ddollard58

ddollard58 Active Member

Here's what i found...I also have Fulds CWT,CWT GUIDE by Q.D.Bowers,Raulu U.S.Tokens 1866-1889,Aquas PA merchant tokens&About 5 more on PAPER money...THE EARLY PAPER MONEY OF AMERICA,E.P.Newman,Bowers latest,etc.And many others such as WW2 EMERGENCY MONEY,CHARLTONS Canadian and so on.ALOT of books i guess! And there are so so many more to get,Like BRUNKS U.S.COUNTERSTAMP COINS!!!...HAPPY HUNTING EVERYONE!;)

Attached Files:

5. ddollard58

ddollard58 Active Member

A couple!???! ooohk,Thats about my entire amout of reference books(Antiques/coins&paper $$$ )i have! Your's are JUST coins? WOW,Hats off!!!

6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Glad to see this thread revived.

ddollard58 and Jwt708 like this.
  7. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

My favorite.

2014-12-05 10.43.05.jpg

NSP and ddollard58 like this.
  8. ddollard58

ddollard58 Active Member

Wow i thought i had some book's!!! Some of you Folk's have some book's!!! Alot of them!!! I know i have a few more laying around...HAPPY HUNTING EVERYONE!!!

Attached Files:

9. CBJesse

CBJesse Capped Bust Fanactic

Great thread! Glad to see that it's getting some action again. I focused on numismatic literature pretty heavily in 2014 and will continue to do so in 2015. I find that buying and reading the books is in many cases more enjoyable than the coins themselves, and it's cheaper in nearly all cases!

Jesse

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
    torontokuba and ddollard58 like this.
  10. Steve972

Steve972 Member

Very impressive!

11. chromerunner

chromerunner ******

Took a while to track one of these down I could afford. Super book for this type coins.
    Very happy to have it finally in my library.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431476965.395767.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431476997.060928.jpg

Jwt708 and Steve972 like this.
  12. Steve972

Steve972 Member

I just added these two to my small collection. Great reading and reference material! I suggest either one if you are interested in collecting Transportation Tokens or Buff/Jeff Nickels.
    DSCN3416.JPG DSCN3418.JPG

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  13. sgt23

sgt23 Active Member

I picked this up last weekend.

Attached Files:

14. Treashunt

I can't wait to get mine, I think I'll pick it up at the ANA

15. Marshall

Marshall Junior Member

I've been specializing in Early Date Large Cents for almost fifty years. I have my "Penny Whimsy" - 1976 reprint of 1958 copyright - from William Sheldon, "The Cent Book" - 1992 - by John Wright and "Walter Breen's Encyclopedia of Early Date Large Cents 1793-1814" - 2000 - by Walter Breen and collaborators who completed his work after his death.

I kept putting off purchasing Noyes books because I always found coins I'd rather have. Well I just added his six volume set and have found them amazing. Why did I put it off so long?

1. "United States Large Cents 1793-1794" - 2006
    2. "United States Large Cents 1795-1797" - 2007
    3. "United States Large Cents 1798-1801" - 2015
    4. "United States Large Cents 1802-1814" - 2015
    5. "United States Large Cents 1816-1845" - 2012
    6. "United States Large Cents 1846-1857" - 2012

16. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

17. Numiser

Numiser Well-Known Member

I have one of the first state quarters collectors guide with three ERRORS!
    Indiana, Montana, and Arizona all have wrong state outline images for their backgrounds.

cover.jpg

indiana.jpg

montana.jpg

arizona.jpg

gronnh20 and Islander80-83 like this.
  18. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

I used to have so many more coin books, but I tend to buy, sell, buy sell, etc., especially if I don't think that I'll read or use a book again. My numismatic library used to include volumes on ancients, medievals, Romans, other hammereds and a few "monnaies" books in French. What remains from the last purge includes books on Japanese coins (in Japanese and English), one book in French on coins of Probus (which is excellent) and a quickly going out of date Red Book.

IMG_8954.JPG

19. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Got this a few days ago.

20200322_121022(0).jpg

20. Publius2

Publius2 Well-Known Member

I'll add my small but growing library. Two important parts of it are;

- The half cent book by Bill Eckberg, in my humble opinion, the best written book on the subject for both prose, clarity and numismatic scholarship. Bill is a well-known member on these forums and all that go to the trouble and agony of publishing should be lauded for their efforts.

- The second thing shown is part of my oft-visited collection of single-malt Scotches.

- and yes, at the bottom of one of the photos you can see the top of "Coin Collecting for Dummies", a title most apt for me.

Shelf 1.jpg Shelf 2.jpg Half Cent.jpg

gronnh20, NSP and Islander80-83 like this.
  21. Treashunt

upload_2020-3-22_18-13-28.png

two of many that I have

gronnh20, NSP and Islander80-83 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted