Post your notes with the SAME SERIAL NUMBER

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by cashhound, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Packrat

Packrat Well-Known Member

5th Type 2 $10 sheet sold at FUN show for $3700. It was listed as only one known. I bid on it but too rich for my blood. Now I wish it had brought $10k.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Packrat

5th sheet Type 2 $10 (25-30) sold at the FUN show. It was listed as only known uncut sheet. I bid on it but too rich for my blood. I think it brought $3700. Now I wish it had gone for $10k.

4. Packrat

oops. Did not mean to reply twice. Guess I am still asleep.

5. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Um...pretty sure that set was issued on August 8, 2008. That's why it's called the 8.8.8 set, after all....

6. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

If you say so...the list forwarded to me says different.
    AFEB3297-FDA5-4BC7-86FF-CB12988C97A3.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  7. harrync

harrync Well-Known Member

Quite an accomplishment to match type 2 serials. I have a type 1 sheet - so easy to match, all six have the same number. [Currently in lock box 2500 miles away, so no scan I am afraid.] Same with my large size blue seal sheet, all four the same number.

Packrat likes this.
  8. HaleiwaHI

HaleiwaHI Active Member

Do you mind if I save this photo of your "same number" and share them on my "valuable serial numbers" blog?

9. Packrat

10. Packrat

What bank on your Type 1 set?

11. harrync

harrync Well-Known Member

Seaboard NB of Los Angeles [Charter number 12545.] IIRC, all number -000004A. Different prefix letters of course [A through F], and different plate check letters. The large sheet is three $10's and one $20 on the Griswold NB of Detroit [Charter number 12847.] All identical serial numbers, just different pate check letters - A through C on the tens, and A on the twenty, IIRC.

Packrat likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted