Post your nickels

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by zach67005, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

It's always something! The mark in the collar on the obverse and the tiny spot on the reverse to the NW of the M in Monticello. Otherwise 6 FS with a few light polish lines has very good luster. Also a die chip in front of the forehead. Very nice strike, I think. I think the plastic in the 2 by 2 is limiting the detail on the photograph; the steps for sure. DSCN3018~2.JPG DSCN3021~3.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

4. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

@Lem E hoping to see more of your storied collection. Do you have your own website cataloging them?
    I may have zero (well, a few now) quality pieces, but what i lack, i make up for, in quantity.
    For i.e.,
    20210811_054329.jpg
    I forget how many silver I've found in the wild. I love seeing the gorgeous stuff, but I'm trash at heart, so I'll always be drawn to the junk, lol. Any info on your collection would be welcomed, please.
    Thanks. Have a great day, everyone.

5. Lem E

Lem E Well-Known Member

Thats a nice pile you have there @CoinJockey73. I don’t have a website or anything. Just my registry sets at NGC. The sets are still a work in progress. Some of my coins I have had imaged and some are my own pics. You can definitely tell the difference. The main nickel set is only around 75% complete. I get distracted and buy other coins that I like, and some I just haven't found the right ones for the set (or can’t afford them). Best place to see my stuff would be the NGC registry. I also have my Whitman folders for my circ finds and I started a Dansco crackout album where Im cracking out 65/66s and building that set of nickels as well. I’m not very far with it.

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  6. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

7. Lem E

Lem E Well-Known Member

8. RonSanderson

RonSanderson Supporter! Supporter

I really like your nickel!

This is mine, which is pretty nice. Yours just seems to have that extra bit of “zing” with the golden color, sharp details, and lustrous surfaces.

I don’t envy the grader trying to figure out if a Reverse of 1938 has full steps or not, since there was no attempt to portray the sharply-engraved complete steps until the next year.

05c 1938-S #02 full 01.gif

9. Sidney Osborne

Sidney Osborne Well-Known Member

Lehigh96 you should hook up with kookoox10 for a little video action...Insanely...Amazing...!

10. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

Added this week. The 38 is in a Rattler Holder. It is very nice for a 66. My pics suck, but happy with both coins. IMG_2068.JPG IMG_2069.JPG IMG_2070.JPG IMG_2071.JPG

11. Lem E

Lem E Well-Known Member

Thank you I appreciate that. Yours looks very nice as well.

RonSanderson likes this.
  12. Ike Skywalker

Ike Skywalker Well-Known Member

13. Qllen

Qllen New Member

Is this valuable?[​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Qllen

Qllen New Member

Is this valuable?[​IMG] [​IMG]

15. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Your pictures didn't come through.I would suggest to start your own thread with clear proper pictures of the coin in question.

16. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

17. UncleScroge

UncleScroge Well-Known Member

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  18. Hambone1946

Hambone1946 Well-Known Member

19. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

20. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

21. Lem E