Post your nickels

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by zach67005, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

I have no idea what you are trying to prove with those photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now here is a well struck 1964 that is not an SMS, just like yours.

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. kSigSteve

kSigSteve Active Member

Found this today in loose change and something about it just felt different. Henning nickel. Worn but very cool.
    image.jpg image.jpg

gronnh20, Kasia, cletis faye and 4 others like this.
  4. robec

robec Junior Member

5. cletis faye

cletis faye Well-Known Member

20141109_134402-1.jpg 20141109_134402-1.jpg
    5cent diamond up looks like a grill mouth grill u squares

Attached Files:

6. coindudeonebay

coindudeonebay SMS Guru

Best of luck on your endeavor, the cent will be tough!!

7. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

LOL now I realized the damn cent is by far the most expensive coin in the set. I am sure I'll get it one day though.

8. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

9. robec

robec Junior Member

Formerly an Anaconda sales item.

[​IMG]

10. MKent

MKent Well-Known Member

Stunning spectacular awesome

11. MKent

MKent Well-Known Member

I love clashed dies and that 66 would be one of my dream coins. Beautiful even without the clash.

Paddy54 likes this.
  12. MKent

MKent Well-Known Member

I bought this one last night didn't need it but sometimes just can't pass one up. Anyone care to grade it for me from these pictures. It's raw so I'm open for opinions. I think it would be 65FS but I'm still learning. Please don't worry about comments I'm a big boy if you don't like it please explain why. Thanks for looking. 1943D.JPG

Attached Files:

gronnh20 and robec like this.
  13. MKent

MKent Well-Known Member

94sms slab.JPG 94 sms 69 rev.JPG 94 sms 69.JPG I have a couple of these I just recently purchased in SMS69FS and two SMS68FS thought they were pretty cool and affordable for the low mintage. May save up and get a 70 and I would like to get one of each grade with FS just for fun. All these will be the Grand kids one day my oldest is 3 and he will sit and look at coins for what must be hours for him even though its just lap time with PawPaw he really seems to think they are cool. You should hear him telling his Daddy what they are like an 18857421 Morgan dollar quarter you know one of the bigguns. It's fun watching him look at them and try and remember what I tell him they are.

robec likes this.
  14. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

1865 Three Cent Nickel Clash this is one of my favorite III 's 1865 TCP NIC Clash.jpg 1865 rev.jpg 1865 Rev Profile clash.jpg 1865 III rev profile clash.jpg

gronnh20, robec and MKent like this.
  15. Paddy54

Another set of MS-65 Buffalo's I have is the 1938 yes a very common date, what's not so common.....D ,DD,DS,DDDS 1938d.jpg 1938DD.jpg 1938DS.jpg 1938DDDS.jpg

gronnh20, McBlzr, rev1774 and 2 others like this.
  16. MKent

MKent Well-Known Member

Those III cent die clashed are so awesome I'm gonna have to hunt up an affordable piece myself. I only have a couple but one has a rotated reverse actually the reason I bought it. I know that's common for the early years as quality control wasn't as strict I guess but still nice if just for educational reason. Mine isn't as nice as the one you have pictured. I also love the RPM Buffs nice set.

17. MKent

MKent Well-Known Member

I really like this 26 but what is going on with the reverse is grease or something else? I know I'm a couple years late in liking and commenting but I'm about to wear my mouse out liking all these buffs you've posted.

geekpryde likes this.
  18. Paddy54

1961 Pf obv.jpg 1961 pf rev.jpg 1962 Pf obv.jpg 1962 pf rev.jpg Some Sixties Proof Jefferson's Both have that soft pastel tone

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
    gronnh20, cletis faye, MKent and 2 others like this.
  19. kSigSteve

kSigSteve Active Member

Paddy54 likes this.
  20. Paddy54

How about an 1971 S no S Proof 67 in deep cam 1971 s no s Jefferson.jpg 1971 s no s rev.jpg

21. cletis faye

cletis faye Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted