Post your New Old Canadian coins

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by jello, Jan 14, 2015.

1. BJBII

BJBII Metrologist, CSSBB

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dapalon

Dapalon New Member

4. giorgio11

giorgio11 Senior Numismatist

Canada H10c 1902-H MS66 PCGS Trueview Large H 42123062.jpg
    1902-H Large H Silver Half Dime MS66 PCGS

5. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

1903 H 5 cents, raw and a bit more worn...looks to have been roughly cleaned too.

1903 H CA 5 c.jpg

6. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Just bought this 1954 for my Canadian 50 cents for the toned collection 1937-1968. Beautiful toning...

1954A.jpeg
    1954B.jpeg

Last edited: May 6, 2022
    Railguy, Wizank, Clawcoins and 8 others like this.
  7. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

spirityoda likes this.
  8. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

Not old, old but received these mid April
    20220413_184401 (2).jpg 20220413_184442 (2).jpg 20220227_145221 (2).jpg 20220227_145239 (2).jpg

9. The Eidolon

The Eidolon Well-Known Member

I posted these on a different thread, but in case anyone who would care missed them: I always like to pick up Canada large cents whenever they make it into the 10 cent bin. I think not to many US collectors in my area are into Canadian stuff, so a surprising amount of material winds up in the junk bin.
    Here's what 50 cents US will get you on a lucky day.
    Canada cents.jpg

10. Bill in Burl

Bill in Burl Collector

Always check for if the T in Victoria has both feet serifs. There are 3 scarce varieties that are ID'd by that and have a nice value increase. There are also 2 varieties that have the T in Cent repunched. Each of those is worth about 5X a normal ones

The Eidolon likes this.
  11. coin_nut

I love the large cents and have a nearly complete collection of them. Great bargain most times, and really good looking coins.

12. differential

differential Active Member

Here is a VF 35 Newfoundland half dollar. Am working on a Newfoundland type set. So many Vicky silvers have such nice aging.

13. differential

Sorry, my first time posting a photo...

Attached Files:

14. differential

I'm really fond of them, too. Have a couple of the 1859 varieties. Have to use a 10X to really see them but they show up nicely even if it's a smooth VF 10 coin. The 2011 Charlton give a good overview of all the Vicky varieties. I was able to get one for about $10. online.

One can still find some RD pennies in the 1911-20 series with King George V, at a reasonable price.

15. willieboyd2

willieboyd2 First Class Poster

Oddly enough, today I received a Canada cent dated 1964 from a California Safeway store.

:)

16. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I took a screen shot and changed it to .jpg format.

Untitled.jpg

17. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Do you have a photo of the other side of this coin ?

18. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Heavymetal likes this.
  19. differential

Here is the back. The coin is a nice even silver; I'll have to figure out how to get the right color when I do this. Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 4.31.10 PM.png

spirityoda likes this.
  20. differential

Very nicely organized and I can't imagine how many coins you had to look at to find all of these. Silver toning (without nor with colors) has an appeal of its own, and the level of toning is consistent throughout the entire collection.

There was a handful of coins that caught my eye. The Canadian dollar with the flying goose has nice edge toning which frames the coin in the same manner as a carefully-matched picture frame. There was an 1832 coin--with a crown, I couldn't figure out the country--that has some nice original red. The 'Baden" copper--it appears to be high relief--is this a medal or coin? 1850 Gulden a highly detailed coin in very good shape. And, of course--the 1939 Buffalo nickel. I think it's a gem and that year is one that will live in history.

spirityoda likes this.
  21. coin_nut

Draft saved Draft deleted