Post your New Old Canadian coins

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by jello, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Railguy

Railguy Well-Known Member

I have a few of1922 to 1936 i recently added 2 1925s and 2 1926s near 6.still looking for far 6

Cheech9712 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

I think I need all of those. Pennies with those dates

4. KSorbo

KSorbo Well-Known Member

Another steal from a Heritage auction:

F5F4FD13-C3AF-452A-B5F3-F921646A1C15.jpeg 645DCB15-6A05-451B-868D-0704D0AA1696.jpeg

5. CygnusCC

CygnusCC Roping the Learns Supporter

Came across this while sorting through a pound of international coins I ordered from Littleton. Fun stuff!

1912_canada_1cent_obverse.png 1912_canada_1cent_reverse.png

6. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

1975 PL Set. The cents were likely in the original package for the last 46 years as the side down is fairly evenly toned blue and were tough to get out. Both cents have no hits and seem like they are almost flawless. Some black threads from the Velvet case seem to be stuck to the toned side of one of the cents. DSCN3112~2.JPG DSCN3120~2.JPG DSCN3118~2.JPG
    DSCN3164~3.JPG DSCN3156~2.JPG

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
  7. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

A couple of the others such as the nickel and quarter have interesting toning as well. DSCN3144~2.JPG DSCN3145~2.JPG DSCN3148~2.JPG DSCN3147~2.JPG DSCN3149~2.JPG DSCN3165~2.JPG DSCN3153~2.JPG DSCN3152~2.JPG DSCN3150~2.JPG DSCN3151~2.JPG

8. Peter M Black

Peter M Black Active Member

For Canada, maybe spell word as "colours". :)

Cheech9712, DEA and Papeldog like this.
  9. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

I recently acquired a couple of Canada proof sets. Will endeavour to take some good pix and post on here. I will avoid breaking any out of their original protective packaging if I have to, other wise I can of course get much better pix of a bare coin.

Cheech9712 likes this.
  10. Papeldog

Papeldog Member

11. Papeldog

Papeldog Member

This is a hard variety to find 1858 Canadian Large cent with no breaks in the vines or stems, it demands a high premium img327.jpg

12. Papeldog

Papeldog Member

Peter in Canada both spellings are acceptable but your right most spell it Colour

Cheech9712 likes this.
  13. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

The custom PL Set holders are nice but dont hold the coins in place (except the 2 cents apparently), but the other coins are free to jostle around to ding the other coins!

The cents are now in airtites. DSCN3166~2.JPG DSCN3167~2.JPG

Eric the Red likes this.
  14. Peter M Black

View attachment 1369036
    Up there, the "u" is taught and practiced. It's the American influence that has them "accepting" both ways. Suyvey 1000 Canadians, and at least 950 of them use the "u". (They'd also spell "you're right" and not "your right". :)

15. Bill in Burl

Bill in Burl Collector

As a Yank transplant up here since '97, I've found that a Canadian just can't seem to pass up any "o" that they find, just so they can put a "u" with it.

Peter M Black likes this.
  16. coin_nut

Canada 1 dollar 1967. As I have become older I lack any patience for arguments of any sort. I normally use the American spelling of words, however I occasionally insert a British, Canadian, or Australian word or phrase or slang term on a whim. I might also add words in a dozen other languages, plus make up my own words and spellings. I know other people who constantly invent their own languages, and it is OK.
    It's your right to be different, A?

1967 CA 1 d.jpg

17. Peter M Black

I spent my first 26 years in Montreal and have been this side of the border for the past 52 more years. I'm more into American coins, but have a potpourri from Canada - best ones from my Grandfather who passed on before I was born. (Canada used to have as many $2 bills in circulation and $1's - both have gone by wayside and replaced by loonie & toonie coins. (The blonde with the uncuts has also been replaced!) Canada also dropped the penny in 2012. I'm probably breaking a cointalk rule, because meat ration tokens (from WWll days) and uncut $2's are not coins. img299.jpg Blake (20).jpg

Eric the Red, Mad Stax and DEA like this.
  18. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

[QUOTE

Up there, the "u" is taught and practiced. It's the American influence that has them "accepting" both ways. Suyvey 1000 Canadians, and at least 950 of them use the "u". (They'd also spell "you're right" and not "your right". :)[/QUOTE]

A VERY common grammar error.
    "you're right" = you are correct
    "your right" = pertains to possession of whatever "right" references: i.e, direction to the right as opposed to the left, or true or correct as a fact; or a moral or legal entitlement ("they had every right to be angry")

Peter M Black likes this.
  19. coin_nut

There ya go, lawyer speak, define it to the max. Now let's do some coins. Canada large cent 1859. I have 3 or 4 of these, not sure of the die differences. Gave one away not too long ago, actually sent it back to Ontario to a you tube guy.

1859 CA 1 c (3).jpg

20. Bill in Burl

Bill in Burl Collector

There are over 200 varieties or die/marriages. Here's a great site for ID'ing your coin. Just go to "ID my coin" on the lead page:

https://www.vickycents.com/

DEA and coin_nut like this.
  21. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

image.jpg
    I like Canada pennies. I need the early to mid (1920’s). Oh And those crazy 2006 pennies. Oops. Looks like I goofed. See picture

CygnusCC, DEA and spirityoda like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted