Post your New Old Canadian coins

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by jello, Jan 14, 2015.

1. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

These came a couple days ago, my first "slabbed" ICCS coins. Sorry for the reflections on the pictures, I did not want to cut open the sealed holders. They are graded as AU55-Cleaned for the 1911 and MS60-Cleaned for the 1919. 1911 Canada 1 c obv (2).JPG 1911 Canada 1 c rev (2).JPG 1919 Canada 1 c obv (2).JPG 1919 Canada 1 c rev (2).JPG

jj00, spirityoda, Kasia and 1 other person like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. asheland

asheland The Silver Lion

Great coins!
    This is my favorite:
    (I got this back in August)
    01.jpg 02.jpg

Mad Stax, coin_nut, jj00 and 3 others like this.
  4. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

How do you resist this? I wouldn't know. :p

IMG_3157raw1sml.JPG

IMG_3158raw1sml.JPG

alurid, asheland, Derick and 7 others like this.
  5. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

6. coin_nut

Great job on the photo as well, you could frame that one.

7. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

For the record, as usual, those images are half size. I will teach anyone with two or three hundred bucks to spend on equipment, and the desire for some fairly intense learning, how to duplicate it. The same rig is also capable of reaching into microimaging for details.

IMG_3163raw1crop1.JPG

8. jj00

jj00 Well-Known Member

picked this up as a gift,

1960 Canada Dollar -tile.jpg

asheland, spirityoda, Paddy54 and 2 others like this.
  9. Paddy54

@Seattlite86

Today was a special Monday as when I drove up to my mail box and opened the door a envelope was waiting. To my surprise a sweet 1967 Canadian mint set.
    Now to elaborate as a child my parents would take me to Canada to my Aunt's cottage in Grand Bend Ont. My moms sister lived in Detroit and had a summer home on lake Huron. I spent several summers my first ,I was only 6 months old!
    There's is always good memories of my family now whom are all gone, at the cottage.
    * a funny note the subdivision was called "GreenAcres"
    The cottage sat in an area that native Americans had once had their camps. All the trees had carvings of teepees ,ponies, and other native American scenes, as I recall.
    Across the road another cottage with a huge oak.....said to have shaded the tribes chiefs tent.
    In 1967 I was 13 I remember being in Canada a special year a centennial year 1867-1967. As a young collector I wanted a set of the newly minted coins. But didn't have the money....
    Well now some 50 years later I have my set....still in RCM Packing! The coins as bright as they were 50 years ago.....
    Thanks Brandon I truly appreciate this gift... more than you can imagine.
    It takes me back to a simpler time.... a different world, this gift has taken me back in time to my childhood.... and it shall be in my collection until my wants and needs fail to exist.
    Thank you. 20171211_172200.jpg 20171211_172303.jpg

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  10. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Hey Paddy, you know it's funny, I know you were looking for this set, but I didn't really know why. I stumbled onto this set on accident; I was actually looking for US coins. Your backstory is great and cements the fact that I sent these coins to the right place; I knew they'd be better in your hands than mine. I'd like to think that most collectors want to know that their coins found a new good home. Clearly these ones did :) It looks like there are more scratches on them than I remember, but it might be the original packaging. Thanks for the shout out and I'm glad you like your coins :D

11. Paddy54

12. Paddy54

13. Paddy54

14. stldanceartist

stldanceartist Minister of Silly Walks

I apologize for the "group photo" but I just had to share my new pile of silver Canadian Five Cents:

Canada Five Cents Silver.jpg

15. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Paddy54 likes this.
  16. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

17. Muzyck

Muzyck Rabbits!

18. coin_nut

These showed up a few days ago, I posted them on another thread earlier 1873 CA 1 c obv.JPG 1873 CA 1 c rev.JPG 1876 CA 1 c obv.JPG 1876 CA 1 c rev.JPG

asheland, jj00 and spirityoda like this.
  19. Kamel

Kamel New Member

I know i'm off topic.
    I'm new and I was wondering if one of you nice members can show me how to start a new post.

20. coin_nut

I can not remember right now. I do recall having difficulty and asking for help. The advice I got was only marginally helpful. So go to the home page and look at forums and threads. What you need or want should be on one of those pages, and it will be a much better learning experience for you if you have to work at it a bit. Rots of ruck!

21. Bill in Burl

Bill in Burl Collector

You first have to log in to the site and your name/handle will appear in the upper right, along with your avatar. Just to the left of your name/avatar you will see a small box/link to "start a new thread". You probably have to have enough previous posts that you have done in order to be able to start a new thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted