Post your New Old Canadian coins

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by jello, Jan 14, 2015.

1. sgt23

sgt23 Active Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Me too!!
    :)
    Order fast ???

spirityoda likes this.
  4. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

curious? => did you nickel-lovers buy that super cool lil' gold beaver? (ironically, it was labelled as a 50 cent piece???) ... never figured that out? (pretty cool)

=> man, I love those lil' goldies => I have all of the lil' gold 25 cent examples!!

Here is that cool gold beaver I talked about (sadly, I never did snag one of these beauties)

http://www.colonialacres.com/produc...oin-canada-s-classic-beaver-tax-exempt-128900

:rolleyes:

jello likes this.
  5. sgt23

sgt23 Active Member

Too poor at the moment. lol

6. sgt23

sgt23 Active Member

I can't say I own any coins with a golden layer except a 1964 Kennedy half dollar which was given to me.

7. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

it's solid gold (small, but solid ... 99.99 apparently)

cheers.gif

sgt23 likes this.
  8. sgt23

sgt23 Active Member

Thanks

9. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Me too this month but maybe next month??
    :)

sgt23 likes this.
  10. BaconSlayer

BaconSlayer Active Member

Ok, so should I put the coins back in the LOC album when I am done inspecting and cataloging everything? The book is in decent shape except for a few of the clear slides have scratches on them (probably could replace them). Being from circa 1960 would the LOC album be considered archival quality?

Otherwise, I would mount them in cardboard/mylar 2x2 and put them in a 3 ring binder.

11. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

I'm a fan of keeping them in those cool albums (however, being that the albums are probably 50+ years old, I'm not sure how knowledgeable they were on PVC and other possible bad reactive coin chemicals?) .... ummm, but I have kept my ol' sweeties in their original homes (they just look so cool and retro in those old albums, yes?)

I guess it's totally up to you (if the coins look okay, then why screw with a good thing ... if they are starting to have some damage, then you might wanna think twice about making the effort to create a new home for your new friends)

12. sgt23

sgt23 Active Member

I wouldn't recommend anything better than find condition. They can have a negative effect on nicer coins with any kind of luster left.

13. sgt23

sgt23 Active Member

When I can afford too I'll probably move my barber dimes over to a Dansco album. My problem is I always buy coins and then end up with not enough to get stuff for my coins that I need. I always keep a nice supply for 2x2 cardboard holders of different sizes.

14. sgt23

sgt23 Active Member

Yeah pretty much month to month.

15. jj00

jj00 Well-Known Member

1918 Canada Twenty Five Cents

1918 Canada Twenty Five Cents AU58.jpg

Derick, stevex6 and spirityoda like this.
  16. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

jj00 and spirityoda like this.
  17. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

jj => that's certainly a sweet lookin' 1918 quarter (I merely have a humble VF-example of the 1918 25 cent piece)

... curious, is that a minty, or an almost uncirc baby? (a bit difficult to tell from the glossy photo) ... very cool coin, either way!! (congrats)

=> man, it's almost 100 years old (only 3 more birthdays)

jj00 likes this.
  18. jj00

jj00 Well-Known Member

Thanks @stevex6 !, she's an AU58

jello and stevex6 like this.
  19. jj00

jj00 Well-Known Member

Thanks Angelo!

jello likes this.
  20. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

got it! 2015 CANADA SILVER PROOF HALF DOLLAR NGC PF70 Ultra CAMEO .9999 SILVER FIRST RELEASES. NGC population (10) big :greedy:. sellers pics...

$_57grgrgrrrr.JPG
    lolololololk.JPG

I love it. :cool:

21. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

well congrats, it does look pretty shiny!!

spirityoda likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted