Post your New Old Canadian coins

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by jello, Jan 14, 2015.

1. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

That's about 200 plus miles away. I have been to that area a lot before I had to retired from setting up a selling years ago. Now help with the quarterly coin club shows maybe Nashville bigger show's and Birmingham

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. sgt23

sgt23 Active Member

I got a friend up near Nashville. He drives down to Dalton once or twice a year. He's about 71. He almost quit going until he had eye surgery about 3 years ago too correct his vision. I refuse too drive to Atlanta for shows and I'm only 35. lol

4. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Before my ride inside a tire machine that crushed me from wast to toes. I would fly drive all over America to setup at shows. Army didn't kill me for 27 years but did give me cancer. But training 14 years at Dunlop Tire Ltd dam near did. I did have a friend who owned his own plane that was a collector. But after tornado of 2010 he was killed after tornado cleaning up damaged trees somehow he was crushed to death. end of flying to shows.
    Now I don't go to shows much but I do find some nice coins at yard sale.
    :)
    Please
    The End

Gilbert likes this.
  5. sgt23

sgt23 Active Member

Sorry for all the trouble you've had to go through and thanks for your service. My friend use too do a lot of RV traveling and then quit after his wife got sick and sadly she passed away. I think he worked in vending service for about 15 years after he retired from the military in 1983.

I don't care for Atlanta because it so easy to get lost.

jello likes this.
  6. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

@sgt23
    Your welcome.
    I have some plans to get in a RV soon as a few things clear up and maybe drive out west maybe til I a Done.at my age and health conditions it maybe my last Road trip. No one know how you get to end of the World.

7. sgt23

sgt23 Active Member

I hope you luck making it out there. I'd like to some trails out west someday, but that isn't on the top of my list of things to do. There are several museums that I'd like too see up North East, I also have friends up in Canada I want to visit, but most of all I want to visit Japan. Maybe I can do all that before I die. Right now I'm saving for Japan. I also collect Japanese coins and cultural items. :D

jello likes this.
  8. lex1705

lex1705 Member

9. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Nice 5 cents !

spirityoda likes this.
  10. lex1705

lex1705 Member

1910 - Round Leaves;)

11. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

lex1705 => that's a nice Mother & Son nickel-combination

spirityoda and jello like this.
  12. Bill in Burl

Bill in Burl Collector

Although I look onto this site nearly every day, I very seldom post unless someone has a question or needs some info. I'm not one to post "nice coin" comments, but don't mind those that do. I have kept my lips closed for a week or so, wondering if anyone else noticed something with triggersmob's 1907 large cent that he posted last Saturday. It is, in fact a relatively scarce variety with an underlying 7 peeking out horizonally from the top left of the upper serif. There's also a pretty neat variety with that date that that has a die chip and makes it look like there is an apostrophy after the date. Enjoy your large cents, guys .. there's lots to see.

13. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

@Bill in Burl
    I wonder about that but was busy moving. I wasn't sure with photo posted. My eyes aren't as good as they were. 1907 Canada One Cent-1.jpg
    triggersmob Photo.

gronnh20, Gilbert and spirityoda like this.
  14. GSDykes

GSDykes Well-Known Member

My humble Tombac:
    Canada_1943_tombac.jpg

spirityoda, jj00, jello and 1 other person like this.
  15. GSDykes

GSDykes Well-Known Member

16. torontokuba

torontokuba Thread Crapper & Hijacker, TP please.

Applying photo analysis to a scan is admirable. Thanks for the opinion.

17. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Then there some that someone used as a lucky coin or pocket coin.

18. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Canada 1966 50 cents ICCS graded MS-64 I like the blue toning. sellers pics...

$(KGrHqJHJEsFEOeb)qWcBREVzy!F1Q~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqFHJDUFB,ZwUv!mBQlsEHKlf!~~60_57.JPG
    $T2eC16FHJGoE9nuQeWveBQlsEdojP!~~60_57ooooool.JPG $T2eC16JHJIkE9qU3iylHBQlsEV8v1w~~60_57uuuuuj.JPG

jj00, GSDykes and stevex6 like this.
  19. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

spirityoda likes this.
  20. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

sweet. I think I only have 1 other blue toned coin from Italy.

jello likes this.
  21. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

spirityoda => did you celebrate Canada Day last Wednesday? (man, you're buying-up more Canadian coins than anybody else!!) ... great coin-effort!!

=> are you Canadian?

liberty hat2.jpg canada eh.jpg canadian.jpg

;)

=> man, that's nice toning on that sweet 50-cent piece!!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
    spirityoda and sgt23 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted