Post your New Old Canadian coins

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by jello, Jan 14, 2015.

1. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Glad you liked it. That Canadian Goose coin was cleaned harshly and toned up on the edge because of being in that cardboard frame for so long. The 1832 Belgium Lion coin is my favorite coin and most expensive coin. Baden copper is a coin. I really like the griffons on the GermanStates/Baden coins. What you saw is a 1/4th of my collection. I have been collecting coins for 22 years. I still need to photograph the rest of my collection.

Last edited: May 12, 2022
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. maridvnvm

maridvnvm Well-Known Member

I have been working through a biscuit tin of mixed world coins and pulled 7 Canadian coins out of it.

ONE CENT 1859 (Narrow 9)

[​IMG]
    ONE CENT 1859 (Narrow 9; Low 9)
    [​IMG]
    ONE CENT 1898
    [​IMG]
    ONE CENT 1908
    [​IMG]
    Nova Scotia 1861
    [​IMG]
    Nova Scotia 1964
    [​IMG]
    New Brunswick 1861
    I am not sure what has happened to this one.
    [​IMG]

4. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

That is wood grain toning, a Woody. Very nice MS coin. They are all nice , I like that 1908 Edward VII also.
    https://www.error-ref.com/improper-alloy-mix/

spirityoda likes this.
  5. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Where can I get one of those biscuit tins?

Railguy likes this.
  6. maridvnvm

maridvnvm Well-Known Member

I bought it about 10 years ago from my son's piano teacher here in the UK to try and get him into coins. It has sat there for over 10 years without much more than a look. We are now working through it together. It has about 100 or so relatively interesting coins in there and several hundred more that I probably need to go through again to see what we missed.
    It contained a whole mix of things including some byzantine trachys all the way through to coins from about 1920 at the newest with the majority of coins seeming to date to between 1800 and 1860ish.

Cheech9712, Paddy54 and Wizank like this.
  7. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

Great looking coins! I have most of the Canadian large cents, though none as pretty as some of the ones you have there. That will be great fun going through all the coins from that tin. Apparently they have been well stored and did not suffer any damage.

8. Railguy

Railguy Well-Known Member

I'm looking for biscuit tins.them are really nice congrats.

Paddy54 likes this.
  9. Indianhead65

Indianhead65 Well-Known Member

I have a complete set of Canadian Large Cents but I'll just share this one. These are the sellers photos because I suck at coin photography

Screenshot_2022-06-24-23-56-57-66_260528048de7f2f358f0056f785be619.jpg Screenshot_2022-06-24-23-56-46-38_260528048de7f2f358f0056f785be619.jpg

10. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

That bottom coin took my breath away.

11. coin_nut

I do not (yet) have the 1858. That is a fine example you have there. I had 4 of the 1859s, gave one away.

runninghorse1 and Indianhead65 like this.
  12. Indianhead65

Thank you very much! It's not the best example but it's what I could afford

runninghorse1 likes this.
  13. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

I have a few of those N. Canada coins. If I remember Newfoundland and bank of Montreal. Like your 1861.

14. Cheech9712

Sweet

15. Cheech9712

I kinda just started collecting Canada cents. Only find late 1930’s and up here in Buffalo Ny coin roll hunting. Trying to get multiple books together that are presentable to give away.

Indianhead65 likes this.
  16. Indianhead65

That's a great idea. I don't see Canadian cents very often here in Pennsylvania anymore

17. coin_nut

I have a whole bag of Canada small cents I was going to give away to a dealer in Australia. Yours for the postage if you want them. PM me.

Indianhead65 likes this.
  18. Indianhead65

That would be great! Thank you!!

Draft saved Draft deleted