Post your MPC or War Notes in Honor of Soldiers Remains coming home !!

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by GrimReaper, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Honolulu Dick

Honolulu Dick Junior Member

OK,SM, appreciate your comment. Appreciate even more your impressive collection of MPCs. That Series 692 fiver with the magnificent stags is a real charmer.

Thanks for sharing.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

My dad was over there in the AF until early '72 - remember when he came home, off of the C-141 Starlifter with a bunch of guys that were on stretchers and crutches. As a young kid that made a pretty strong impression on me. His leftover notes from a C-Day that he missed because he was out in the field were the nucleus of my paper money collection, along with a handful of Viet notes. He literally brought me back a whole sack of Vietnamese, Japanese and Australian coins from all his tours. Still have them too.

4. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

As always, wonderful stories from you Honolulu Dick. It's great to hear from someone who was really there, in the mud and all. Wow.

Dave

PS: Two folks I haven't heard from in a while - MPCUSA and Krispy.... you guys still around? Hope everything's ok with you both.

5. Honolulu Dick

Honolulu Dick Junior Member

Thanks, DM, for the positive comment. Most of the time I don't know when enough is enough and I wind-up making a royal pain of myself. Vietnam is a distant memory to some and not on the radar screen for others. We old vets tend to forget that, and babble on mindlessly. Even so, we have our pride ... it's called honor.

If I may borrow from and/or add to your PS, I keep looking for Lettow and Sunflower to chime in. I have an understanding that both collect or are interested in MPC. Our good Kansas Sunflower lady is a collector for certain. Lettow is a walking book of knowledge.

Take good care - - - - -

6. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

My father never says much, but then he was working with the hooded viper over there. He has recounted some interesting tales of snakes, like the one he photographed after they ran over it - and then strung it up from a telephone pole to demonstrate how flipping long the thing was - at least 25 feet.

Yes for a long time the war was not talked about. I remember the Gulf War and subsequent wars veterans have been treated much better than the vets from 'Nam. It is a positive thing, you don't have to support the war anymore, but always always support and salute people who serve our country. It is one of those things that has changed for the better - rare in these days.

[​IMG]

7. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

8. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Here,s a few i would like to contribute, a couple of my favorites from the Series 661 and 681
    I have had these for awhile and both have a pop of 1! with none higher

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. mpcusa

Here,s a couple of more from the Series 681

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. mpcusa

Sorry about my absence of late, i,am just now finishing up my move from the east coast
    To sunny Southern California :) i will be back to my normal self here in about a week posting
    Everyday :)

I think Krispy is in Japan still i,am sure he will be checking in soon :)

11. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

Sounds like a long move. Glad to hear that you made it okay Rusty!

12. lucyray

lucyray Ariel -n- Tango

mpcfront.jpg mpc back.jpg Okay, finally, here is my one MPC.. hopefully it posts okay?
    God Bless our Service Men/Women.

Lucy

13. mpcusa

Outstanding Series 681 $1 !! Plate#9 is known to produce a very high grade with excellent margins
    Ever consider having that one graded??

14. lucyray

lucyray Ariel -n- Tango

Never considered it..and should I? Got it when I was obsessed with learning about Vietnam war.. back about 96.

15. mpcusa

Here,s mine

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. mpcusa

If it is in mint shape with no pinholes or tears most certainly yes! there our only about 6
    68PPQ,s in population and if it did come back 68 it would be worth right around $300 !! but
    There is never any guarantee,s especially when it comes to 3rd party grading, if it is something
    You wanted to try i would be more then happy to submit it for you :)

17. DMiller

DMiller Junior Member

As an Army linguist, I've seen job opportunities where linguists work in small teams with some other specialized personnel, travelling the globe looking for the remains of long-lost Soldiers such as SPC Phillips. They might be lost, but they're never forgotten. This story is really amazing; I'm glad that his family finally received some closure. I don't have an appropriate note to post, so my contribution to this thread will be a quote by the great General Patton,

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."

18. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

I don't collect MPCs, but I've picked up a few.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. mtnstyne

mtnstyne New Member

6811d.jpg 6415c.jpg
    mash.jpg

Long time lurker, first time poster. Picked up these two notes at a show last weekend in Aiken, SC...then added Hawkeye and Trapper looking at their MPC's in season 6, episode 8 "Change day" from MASH 4077. I have a small collection going myself which can be seen here.

I hope these help!

Army Finance Officer

http://militarypaycertificate.blogspot.com/

20. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

Quiz time! Who knows what these dots on the MPC note are called?

[​IMG]

21. lucyray

lucyray Ariel -n- Tango

Flaws?

Draft saved Draft deleted