Post your most beautiful coins

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by mrbrklyn, Aug 15, 2012.

1. giorgio11

giorgio11 Senior Numismatist

Oh: I think this is currently my most beautiful coin. Prettiest 1914-D I have ever owned (not quite the highest grade though). MS64+ BN PCGS CAC

1c 1914-D MS64+BN PCGS CAC 40326830 Trueview.jpg

Enjoy!

Kind regards,

George

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. William F

William F Well-Known Member

4. Copper lover

Copper lover Well-Known Member

5. robec

robec Junior Member

6. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

Some wore coins just have a taste slq_30_o-800.png slq_30_r-800.png to them

These were, or course, stolen from us.

robec, Scott J and potty dollar 1878 like this.
  7. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

8. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

You are a Mench!

giorgio11 likes this.
  9. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

10. giorgio11

@robec Bob that has got to be one of the most gorgeous 1833 half cents I've ever laid eyes on! If you ever decide to part with her, please keep me in mind! Thanks and (as always)

Kind regards,

George

robec likes this.
  11. robec

robec Junior Member

Thank you George. I was fortunate it was still available when I stumbled across it. I’ll certainly keep you in mind when the time comes.

giorgio11 and cplradar like this.
  12. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

I just took new pictures of this one and like the way they came out. No post processing except to crop and rotate. DSCN2907~2.JPG DSCN2905~2.JPG

cplradar likes this.
  13. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

14. giorgio11

Austria '1780' Maria Theresa Thaler Restrike MS66 PCGS 19107104.jpg
    So, we collect (and sell) a lot of toned coins. We are collectors and dealers both (it's a fine line, one I sometimes fall off of). Anyway, even though I posted above our incredible 1914-D Lincoln cent blueberry MS64+BN PCGS CAC, upon reflection, I have to say that that coin is the most beautiful if one considers the rarity (absolute and conditional), color, surfaces, and its status as a key date in its series. On the other hand, the restrike Maria Theresa thaler above is graded MS66 PCGS, and there are probably tens of thousands of similar restrikes in existence ... maybe more. But the toning on this piece is what makes it stand out. I confess that I bought this common coin at a coin show maybe eight years ago (I don't recall from whom), and I kept it maybe a year, then sold it to another dealer at a show for a small profit.
    But I kept thinking about it, and a couple of years ago I saw that dealer in Chattanooga, and I mentioned it to him. He said he still had it, and brought it the next day. He was willing to sell it back for what he originally paid, but I insisted he make some money on the deal. So, anyway, I have it back now, and I doubt I will ever part with this one again. It's simply a large silver coin with incredible toning. I consider it to be the prettiest coin I own, when one does not consider rarity or any other factors beyond sheer aesthetics.

I'll probably post some other coins here that are pretty close in terms of aesthetic appeal, but most of them have greater desirability in terms of demand or other factors.

So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Kind regards,

George

robec and Darren Edwards like this.
  15. giorgio11

Hmmm. I see I told a shorter version of the story above on an earlier page. One of the benefits of a long life ... you get to enjoy your stories all over again when you forget who you've told them to.

Y'all have a good day, and post some pretty toned coins. (Or some pretty-toned coins!)

Kind regards,

George

Draft saved Draft deleted