Post Your Morgan Dollars

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by jello, Jul 11, 2010.

1. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

That one may beat mine, but I got some too!

1880-S S$1 Obv closeup MS66 CAC.jpg

1880-S S$1 Rev closeup MS66 CAC.jpg

Same coin:

1880-S S$1 Rev PCGS TrueView white MS66 CAC.jpg

Pacecar and Gimme_More_Coins like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

Repost with larger pics of my first nice Morgan from back in the day. I submitted this one raw to NGC awhile back.

S$1 1900 O Obv closeup.jpg

S$1 1900 O Rev closeup.jpg

Gimme_More_Coins likes this.
  4. tomcoins

tomcoins Member

Sweet got one but not close in that condition

5. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Newest addition: Looks like it might have some PL as well.

[​IMG]

6. WeirdFishes

WeirdFishes Active Member

Nothing special. I do like the die cracks and the texture imparted to the fields by this particular die marriage. I wonder how many cartwheels this die pair minted?
    20131206_222418.jpg

Gimme_More_Coins and Pacecar like this.
  7. I posted this in the new acquisitions thread, hopefully posting it here as well isn't a crime.

[​IMG]

8. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

a beauty but for me be hard to top the one that's your avatar that's one of the prettiest Morgan's I've ever seen!!

9. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Thanks Bill. I can't wait to get the 78-S in hand. I should have it by the end of the week. I'm a sucker for clean cheeked, reflective field, white Morgans! I do love the toned Morgans as well.

Mainebill likes this.
  10. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Can a mod PLEASE change the title?

11. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

This one is my avatar, and one of my favorites based on tone. It has been posted on other threads:

98a.jpg 98b.jpg

12. tomcoins

tomcoins Member

13. Pacecar

Pacecar Well-Known Member

A few more pictures of coins that I retook with the new camera today.

1881S.jpg 1883O.jpg 1885P.jpg 1886_VAM11.jpg

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
    Gimme_More_Coins likes this.
  14. Pacecar

Pacecar Well-Known Member

That looks awfully clean for a 64.

Morgandude11 likes this.
  15. WeirdFishes

WeirdFishes Active Member

Not the first time I have heard this. And unsurprisingly I agree.

16. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Bill, I got this one in hand today. The pictures don't do it justice. The obverse is definitely DPL. Reverse is PL maybe DPL. Clean cheek and fields with a hammered strike. I own 7 other DPL's, 64's and 65's and I'm going to compare them this weekend. For an un-toned Morgan, this one just blows me away!

Joe

17. Mainebill

I feel the same most of mine are 64 or better and even the lower ones I don't like a lot of marks to the face usually is cause the color is so spectacular I buy for that my cc Morgan set is basically blast white and I want 64 or better except for 79 89 and 93 I just can't afford those probably go xf or au on the 89 and low ms for the others if I'm gonna spend 5 figures on a coin is probably gonna be a draped bust or flowing hair especially a small eagle half or quarter

18. Mainebill

T
    That's wonderful is a beautiful coin from the pics god I'm having coin buying withdrawal just can't do it right now and probably even a month from now I'll be playing again hard just my business slows down so bad in December and January is time to get caught up on work but getting paid is hard and sales dropped from 30-50k or more a month to a total of $1500 since dec 15 is always bad this time of year will all change in 2 weeks as I go to Nashville

19. Mainebill

Ya got me beat I only got 4 pl and dpl all 64-65 tho my fav is my 84 cc in dpl 65 not a rare coin but a stunner for contrast I've posted it here many times got a lot of cool toners tho

20. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

A lot of the DPL's are in GSA holders. I own a 81-CC MS65 DPL, not in a GSA holder, but the coins is very nice.

After this last batch of coins, I will be sitting on the sidelines as well Bill. It will be April - May before I buy anymore coins like the gold or Morgan I just won. I bought coin books to tide me over.

I've seen some of your toners and love them. I also love the Trade Dollars you post. I want to add one to my collection, but will likely wait until 2015. For 2014, I want to add Indian Head gold and a CBH.

Mainebill likes this.
  21. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I'm with you on the 79, 89 and 93. I'll spend that money on other coins rather than have an XF. Maybe I'm not like most collectors, but I don't feel the need to complete every date and mint mark. I just want to buy nice examples of coins that I enjoy.

Mainebill likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted