Post Your Morgan Dollars

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by jello, Jul 11, 2010.

1. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

4. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

5. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

6. Ibuyit2

Ibuyit2 Active Member

image.jpg image.jpg Here is an ANACS graded Morgan that I would like to get your opinion on the grade. I will reveal the grade after you have made a grade determination.

7. Ibuyit2

Ibuyit2 Active Member

image.jpg image.jpg Here is another one, maybe the pic is better on this one than the 1879 one.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  8. Ibuyit2

Ibuyit2 Active Member

What reAson did PCGS give you for your coin not being grade able?

9. Jamie Calver

Jamie Calver New Member

I have a 1887 Morgan Silver dollar MS64. I am wondering why it has no mint marking and what the value may be, could someone here help me with this information.

10. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

A coin minted in Philadelphia doesn't carry a mint mark. It's value listed in the Nov. '13 issue of Coin World is $85.

11. Jamie Calver

Jamie Calver New Member

Thank you so much for your information. Much appreciated, have a great weekend..

12. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

One of these days I will have a nice CAC Morgan to add to my Type collection. Very nice!

13. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Thanks. It's actually a GSA dollar as well. When I registered it at NGC, it shows up as being available in my GSA dollar set. I don't use it in the set since it's no longer in the GSA Holder. Kind of a bummer, but I was happy to get it for my collection anyway.

14. Ibuyit2

Ibuyit2 Active Member

Just a little more info for you. If you will pull up the NGC or PCGS coin value website it will give you all the prices for all coins.

15. blu62vette

blu62vette Member

If that was taken from a GSA holder that was a big mistake.

16. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Agreed. It could have happened long before people placed a value on the GSA holder itself. I know this is in an edge view, but that's the only explanation I can think of for someone to remove it from the OGP this late in the game. I can't 100% claim it's from an original GSA, that's just what the NGC registry is displaying.

I also have a PCGS slabbed coin with "GSA Hoard" on the label. It's a 80/79 Rev. of 78 MS65! Would be worth much more if still in the GSA holder.

17. Ibuyit2

Ibuyit2 Active Member

If you don't love Morgans I do , I see your Avatar is a Franklin half dollar, if you would like to trade your Morgans for some of my Franklins that would be great, I have some 565 Franklins some are Proofs, Uncirculated and circulated. Let me know what you think .

18. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg My latest cc Morgan not unc but it fits with my toned Morgan's too the last image is closest to in hand color is beautiful golden toned

Paul_62, Effigy303 and JPeace$ like this.
  19. Mainebill

image.jpg image.jpg Here's another I have

Paul_62 likes this.
  20. Mainebill

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg And a couple more with me it's more like post your toned Morgan dollars as I collect cc Morgan's and any with great toning and color and sometimes both

JPeace$ and Paul_62 like this.
  21. Mainebill

image.jpg image.jpg No color on this one but a great coin anyway

Paul_62 and JPeace$ like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted