Post Your Morgan Dollars

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by jello, Jul 11, 2010.

1. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

Wouldn't mind a toned/non toned 1904 or 1904-S for my Dansco if the price ain't too bad

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. IBetASilverDollar

IBetASilverDollar Well-Known Member

It's a pcgs ms66. It's an interesting coin to grade IMO because there are so few bag marks or imperfections anywhere and the reverse is a mirror just beautiful. BUT you can see on the image there is a bag mark directly on the tip of her nose which isn't an ideal location. I really think without that it would have a shot at ms67 but regardless it's my favorite coin so far and glad to have it

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  4. Skyman

Skyman Well-Known Member

Are you collecting coins or slabs? Look at THE COIN. Try and interpret it from the image. If you like what it looks like then give it a "Like". If not then don't. I liked the coin.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    Sean5150 likes this.
  5. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

I like it too, but the more info, the better.

The buyer paid for the grade and rating, may as well be divulged.

6. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

They are addicting. One fine catch you got there.

IBetASilverDollar likes this.
  7. Ike Skywalker

Ike Skywalker Well-Known Member

8. Aircldtype3

Aircldtype3 Active Member

I picked up this '88 on eBay for $60 as a date /mint filler. What drew me to it was the nice rose gold toning it has (didn't photograph well). Once I had it in hand I noticed it was a die clash coin with maybe a bit of doubling? I thought it was a pretty cool bonus.

20170213_141706.jpg 20170213_140824.jpg 20170213_140952.jpg

9. Ike Skywalker

BOX #5 continued. . . .

(11) 1904-O.jpg

(12) 1882.jpg

(13) 1882-O.jpg

(14) 1878-S.jpg

This 1878-S has some nice mirrors. The toning is somewhat obscuring the clarity of the barcode in the picture below. I love this one.

IMG_4532_opt.jpg

(15) 1899-O.jpg

(16) 1880-O.jpg

(17) 1881-O.jpg

(18) 1885.jpg

(19) 1885-O.jpg

10. Ike Skywalker

. . . . and to conclude BOX #5 - 1901-O

(20) 1901-O.jpg

11. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

VAM 9B

Aircldtype3 likes this.
  12. Ike Skywalker

13. DMPL_dingo

DMPL_dingo Well-Known Member

Ike Skywalker likes this.
  14. Ike Skywalker

Hehe. I have 6 NGC boxes, but one of them contains only Peace dollars. I'm working backwards with these. I've finished boxes 4-6, and I just started #3. This has been a long term goal for me- to get every Morgan/Peace dollar photographed for a virtual inventory. Box #3 has some of the NICEST Morgans yet. Stay tuned.....

15. Skyman

Skyman Well-Known Member

16. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Skyman likes this.
  17. Ike Skywalker

18. Ike Skywalker

19. IBetASilverDollar

IBetASilverDollar Well-Known Member

^^^ Are these boxes your own collection you are cataloging or did you come across them somehow? Beautiful stuff.

I've wanted to have at least 1 MS67 in my collection and figured from a price and availability standpoint the 1881-S was the best bet since there are soooo many nice examples of this (along with the 79/80/82 S). So waited til one spoke to me and yesterday it did and grabbed this one. I can see how this toning wouldn't appeal to everyone and I think that's why it was priced a little lower than other blast white examples, but to me I prefer a coin like this. Maybe I'll grab a blast white example too in the next year if the right deal pops up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. coinsareus10

coinsareus10 Well-Known Member

Only have a hand full.Most are toned

End roll

Attached Files:

21. Ike Skywalker

Thanks! All of those Morgans, except 5 or so, were given to me by my father in the summer of 2011. This is what sparked my interest in coin collecting. I've just never got around to photographing them all until now.

Draft saved Draft deleted